|Release||22 September 2014 (Update)|
|Examine||An archer for the Cadarn clan.|
|XP (2H/MH/OH)||36 / 24 / 12|
6 ticks (3.6s)
|Base hit chance|
|Not immune||Not immune||Not immune||Not immune|
|NPC ID||19814, 19815|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
Cadarn ranger is a type of elf who can be fought in the Cadarn clan district of Prifddinas. They can use abilities against the player in combat.
Their adrenaline works differently to that of players - it starts at 50%, and never changes. This means they can always use threshold abilities, but never ultimates. Their adrenaline can be Siphoned or drained by Leech Adrenaline, but it doesn't seem to affect their ability to use thresholds. These elves do not die when their life points reach zero; instead, they kneel on the ground, drop some items and say "I am bested. I commend you." They can't be fought again until they stand up (replacing the respawn time of a regular monster). Since they never actually die, debuffs like Quake, Goliath Gloves, Ancient Curses and formerly Storm Shards remain when they are on the ground. Cadarn Rangers rarely use Binding Shot against the player, it occurs when they have their adrenaline drained by Siphon or the Leech Adrenaline curse.
Defeating a combined 1,000 Cadarn rangers/magi unlocks the title [Name] of the Cadarn, which is a Completionist cape requirement. Players can check how many Cadarn rangers/magi have been defeated so far in the Titles interface by clicking on the title 'of the Cadarn'. The number of defeated Cadarn rangers/magi will appear on the bottom right.
Having the Cadarn warrior damage enhancer effect active will increase damage output against Cadarn rangers by 10%.
Cadarn rangers and Cadarn magi can be slain using mechanised chinchompas for a Slayer experience rate of over 650,000 XP per hour.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Drops[edit | edit source]
Drop rates estimated based on 146,373 kills from the Drop Log Project, unless otherwise cited.
The average Cadarn ranger kill is worth 1,197 coins.
Charms[edit | edit source]
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 8,427 kills.|
1 item is dropped at a time.
Primary drops[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE Price||High Alch|
|Grimy kwuarm||2 (noted)||1/42||4,666||2|
|Grimy toadflax||2 (noted)||1/38||8,218||2|
|Grimy dwarf weed||1||1/61||4,697||1|
|Magic logs||12–15 (noted)||Uncommon||6,948–8,685||2,304–2,880|
|Small spiky rune salvage||1||1/42||14,067||16,000|
|Crystal weapon seed||1||1/3486||98,145||1|
|Crystal armour seed||1||1/4436||13,363||1|
|Crystal tool seed||1||1/2481||179,945||1|
|Attuned crystal armour seed||1||1/12198||1||1|
|Attuned crystal weapon seed||1||1/8132||1||1|
|Crystal acorn||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Rare drop table||1||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Adamantite stone spirit||2–4||Uncommon||78–156||Not alchemisable|
Tertiary drops[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE Price||High Alch|
|Sealed clue scroll (hard)||1||10/1280||1||1|
|Sealed clue scroll (elite)||1||4/1280[d 1]||1||1|
|Spirit sapphire (m)||1||5/2000||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Spirit emerald (m)||1||3/2000||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Spirit ruby (m)||1||2/2000||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
- ^ This drop only attempts to roll should you fail to roll a hard clue, should you get this item, there's a 1% chance it'll be upgraded to a sealed clue scroll (master).
Rare drop table[edit | edit source]
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
Luck-enhancing items are not required to access the table, but they will increase the chance of accessing the rare drop table and may also improve the loot received from it.
|Rare drop table:|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 26 May 2015 (Update):
- Brawling gloves dropped by elves in Prifddinas will now be fully charged.
- ninja 5 January 2015 (Update):
- The chance for attuned weapon and armour seeds to drop from killing a Cadarn/Iorwerth elf has been significantly increased.
- patch 15 December 2014 (Update):
- Iorwerth and Cadarn elves can no longer be lured to the Tower of Voices.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Cadarn rangers are one of four monsters that drop sirenic scales but don't use magic, the others being Airut, Solak and mobs in the Temple of Aminishi elite dungeon.
- Combat level 122 monsters
- P2P bestiary
- Monsters that use abilities
- Weak to slash attacks
- Susceptible to terrasaur maul
- Monsters assigned by Sumona
- Monsters assigned by Laniakea
- Monsters assigned by Kuradal
- Monsters assigned by Morvran
- Monsters assigned by Chaeldar
- Monsters with access to the rare drop table
- Clue scroll dropping monsters
- Effigy dropping monsters
- Cadarn Clan