|Release||1 December 2003 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|Bones are for burying.|
|Exchange||1,271 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Burnt bones are used to train the Prayer skill. When buried they give 4.5 Prayer experience. They can be found in the Demonic Ruins and Red Dragon Isle in the Wilderness, or obtained as a drop from humans in The Zamorakian Undercity. It is not possible to obtain these by using regular bones on a source of heat such as a fire.
They are no different to regular bones except that they have a burnt appearance. It is not recommended to train prayer with burnt bones, since regular bones give the same amount of experience and are much easier to obtain.
Prayer info[edit | edit source]
|Prayer XP||4.5 xp|
Cost and XP Analysis[edit | edit source]
|Bury||Gilded altar[a 1],
Chaos Temple, or
burying with powder of burials
|XP||4.5||15.75||18||20.25 (Total)||11.25 (Prayer) + 9 (FM)|
|GP/XP||−282.4||−80.7||−70.6||−62.8 (Total)||−113 (Prayer) or −141.2 (FM)|
Item spawns[edit | edit source]
- Telekinetic Grab to reach) (6 of them require
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Chaos witch apprentice||121||1||Always|
|Chaos witch mender||109||1||Always|
|Dark wizard (The Zamorakian Undercity)||114||1||Always|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Bones and remains|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Achievement[edit | edit source]
- Bury All ( 20) – Manually bury or scatter each of the listed bones and ashes.
Update history[edit | edit source]
29 March 2004 (
- The examine text of various bones were changed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Burnt bones were once used in scams. People used to sell these bones for ridiculous prices, telling people they were rare.
- Burnt Bones drop from The Zamorakian Undercity do not automatically grant Prayer experience via the Bonecrusher. Players must manually bury them.