The unlit bug lantern is a piece of Slayer equipment required to combat harpie bug swarms; without a lit bug lantern equiped all attacks against them will be ineffective. The lantern is equipped in the off-hand slot, thereby disabling the use of two-handed weapons. Despite being a "lantern", this item cannot be used as a light source.
A Slayer level of 33 is required to wield the lantern, and must be lit using a tinderbox in order to be effective. A Firemaking level of 33 is required in order to light the lantern. Players assigned harpie bug swarms must possess the correct level in order to slay them, as Firemaking assistance will not allow the player to light the bug lantern. Players will still be assigned Harpie Bug Swarms even if they do not have 33 Firemaking.
It can be purchased from any Slayer Master for 130 coins and sold back for 39 coins.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 4 February 2014 (Update):
- Players using the harpie bug lantern will no longer run within melee range if using magic or ranged attacks.
- patch 6 May 2009 (Update):
- Stopped the bug lantern causing a stretched polygon.
- patch 9 September 2008 (Update):
- The bug lantern no longer renders badly alongside certain leggings.