The bruise blamish snail can be found in the depths of the Mort Myre Swamp. A chisel may be used on the shell it drops to make a snelm. There are two types of these snails:
- Those with roundish shells, which drop roundish shells.
- Those with conical or pointed shells, which drop pointed shells.
Their attacks deal Ranged damage despite having a similar animation to Curse. Also, it can only be used in melee range and they have a weakness against Fire spells. They appear to have a max hit of 1 despite what is stated by Monster Examine.
A chisel (or the "Craft" option) can be used on either shell to make a Snelm of the same shape as the shell. The pointed version of the shell is more valuable, as fewer pointed-shell snails can be found and the item is required in the miniquest, In Memory of the Myreque. Furthermore, the snelms made from their shells are often in demand, being a requirement of a clue scroll.
The snails are aggressive towards lower levels.
Both types of bruise blamish snails spawn just north-east of Fairy ring BKR. Another pointed snail could be found just north of Nature Grotto. Another round snail could be found east of it, and a third just outside of the walls of Castle Drakan.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 3 December 2013 (Update):
- Blamish snails will once again retaliate against players who attack them.