|Release date||6 January 2009 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||In Pyre Need|
|Location(s)||South-west of the Piscatoris Fishing Colony|
|Examine||A worshipper of Guthix.|
|Infobox (multi) • Talk page|
Brian Twitcher, also known as the Priest of Guthix, is a Guthixian priest found outside the Phoenix Lair, near the Piscatoris Fishing Colony. He has been researching the phoenix and waited for 50 years to see her rejuvenation ritual, and wrote what he learnt of the creature in a book called The Phoenix.
In the year 119 of the Fifth Age, Brian found the phoenix's lair and attempted to observe her from concealment, though he was left alone as he was not considered a threat. He studied the phoenix's lair, creating an altar to her, which she appreciated, and taking some artefacts to be evaluated, which she did not appreciate.
When the phoenix returned in the year 169 of the Fifth Age, she was wounded. Brian, concerned that she would die before she could complete the ritual of rebirth, begged a passing adventurer to help her, having grown too old and infirm to help her himself. He watched from above as the adventurer entered the lair, obtained the materials necessary to create the pyre needed for the ritual, and saved the phoenix. Afterwards, the phoenix contacted Brian herself, telling him of the contract made between herself and the adventurer who saved her.
He is referred to as the Priest of Guthix until the player reads The Phoenix, after which he is referred to as Brian Twitcher.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Twitcher is British slang for a bird watcher, someone who spends their leisure time trying to spot birds that they haven't seen before. Twitchers are enthusiasts rather than ornithologists (somebody who studies birds).
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Priest of Guthix, "In Pyre Need", RuneScape. "The end of the phoenix's current lifespan is nigh and it has returned to its roost to complete this ritual. I came here to witness this once in a lifetime event."
- ^ Brian Twitcher, "In Pyre Need", RuneScape. "As an added bonus, I got to see it. My 50 years of waiting were not in vain after all!"
- ^ Brian Twitcher, "In Pyre Need", RuneScape. "She... she knew about me? I should have known. Had I not been welcome in the lair, I would have ended up like the rest of them."
- ^ Phoenix, "In Pyre Need", RuneScape. "Thank him for the shrine for me. Also, ask him when I can have my trinkets back. Heh heh heh!"
- ^ The Phoenix, written by Brian Twitcher, page 7, "In Pyre Need", RuneScape. "I discovered several items in the phoenix's roost that looked out of place, and took them to an antiques expert to be appraised."
- ^ Priest of Guthix, "In Pyre Need", RuneScape. "Because I am an old man whose mind and fingers lack the necessary skill to complete the ritual... and whose body lacks the necessary heat-resistance."
- ^ Brian Twitcher, "In Pyre Need", RuneScape. "I saw everything through a small vent in the roof of the phoenix's roost! You have succeeded!"
- ^ Brian Twitcher, "In Pyre Need", RuneScape. "Yes, she told me about this a short while ago. I was quite shocked; I didn't realise she was telepathic!"