|Release||28 March 2011 (Update)|
|High alch||60,000 coins|
|Low alch||40,000 coins|
|A saline stabber.|
|Exchange||65,436 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The brackish blade is a main hand melee weapon that requires level 60 Attack to wield. It has the special attack 'Rum'ify, which does increased damage and grants temporary combat stat increases. It can be obtained as a drop from 'rum'-pumped crabs, which also take additional damage from attacks dealt with the brackish blade. Occasionally when attacking 'rum'-pumped crabs with this weapon, players will get a message stating "The brackish blade seems super-effective."
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Special attack[edit | edit source]
The brackish blade's special attack is 'Rum'ify. This attack costs 75% adrenaline to use, has double accuracy, and hits for 20-100% ability damage. Successful attacks will add 1.25% of the damage dealt to the wielder's Strength, Attack and Defence. For example if you hit 400, this means your Strength, Attack and Defence would all get a visible 5 level boost. The level boost caps at around 12 additional levels.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||34.0%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 13 October 2014 (Update):
- The brackish blade now has matching Strength stats for its Attack requirement.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The message saying "The brackish blade seems super-effective" is a reference to the franchise Pokémon, where a damaging move of the type the recipient is weak to is "super effective".
- This weapon's special attack is based on the brine sabre's attack, called Liquefy, which shares the same animation. The primary difference is that the brackish blade may use its special attack when the player is not underwater.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, the brackish blade was one of the best weapons for players who couldn't afford or didn't have the level to use an Abyssal whip due to it having stats very similar to a Dragon scimitar, but with a more useful special attack and being a stabbing weapon. The Evolution of Combat caused its price to drop significantly due to its attack speed being lowered.
Main hand stab weapons
|Dyed drygore rapiers|
|Dyed khopesh of Tumeken|