A bracelet of clay allows players to mine soft clay instead of hard clay. The bracelet lasts for 28 charges (28 soft clay) before disintegrating. The player can see how many charges remain by equipping it and clicking "check."
It is made by using a gold bar and sapphire on a furnace with a bracelet mould in your inventory or tool belt, which requires level 23 crafting. The resulting sapphire bracelet must be enchanted using Enchant Level 1 Jewellery, which requires level 7 Magic.
It currently costs about 72.11 coins for each use of a bracelet of clay.
- When mining the soft clay rocks in Prifddinas, wearing a bracelet of clay produces two soft clay from each rock instead of one, although still at the expense of a charge.
- If mining clay while a Sign of the porter is equipped, the banked clays will be soft.
- The effect given by freeing the Star Sprite comes in handy here as well, as players have a chance of mining 3 soft clay at a time, while only using one charge from the bracelet.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- Bracelets of clay stack on each other in the bank, as charges are stored by player, not by bracelet. This is the same as how the ring of forging works.
- If you equip the bracelet after you've already started mining clay, you will still get soft clay.
- It used to be a free-to-play item, but temporarily became a members item. However, as of the update on 9th October 2017 it's back to being a free-to-play item.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 24 July 2017 (Update):
- The bracelet of clay will no longer consume charges while a stone spirit is actively banking ores when mining at the Ithell soft clay mine.
- hotfix 12 September 2016 (Update):
- Bracelets of clay once again work.
- Only one charge of a bracelet of clay is now used per soft clay rock in the Ithell district of Prifddinas.
- ninja 12 September 2016 (Update):
- The following items have been graphically updated:
- Gold to onyx rings and ring of slaying - regular, imbued & enchanted
- Brass, gold to dragonstone necklaces - regular & enchanted
- Gold to hydrix bracelets: regular & enchanted
- Gold to dragonstone amulets - regular & enchanted