The bovistrangler trap is a trap used in Dungeoneering. You must have 50 Hunter to use this trap. This trap, as well as other traps, is used to hunt Bovimastyx in Daemonheim. Once laid, the bovimastyx will stick its head in trap and, if successful, will decapitate the bovimastyx. You will then be given an option to skin the corpse, however you must have a knife in your inventory to do this. This will yield you several hides of the same tiered bovimastyx.
To make this trap, a player must use a knife on a set of Bovistrangler branches with level 53 fletching, yielding 108 fletching xp.
|108 XP||-||8 (4.8s) / 1 (0.6s) [recipe 1]||-|
| Fletching level||53|
- ^ When creating the first item
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 31 August 2011 (Update):
- This trap can no longer be laid through tables.
- patch 28 June 2011 (Update):
- It is now possible to drop this trap and select the ‘Lay’ option.