Bones to Bananas turns all normal bones, big bones and monkey bones in your inventory into bananas, which heal up to 200 life points each. This spell can be used to stay in combat without having to use a bank for a long time; however, due to the relatively high cost of a nature rune, bones, and low healing ability of bananas, it is rarely used. Bones to Peaches is a higher level alternative.
When the spell first came out in 2001, it was called Bones to bread and required no nature runes.
This spell has a magic tablet.
The spell has 50% chance of not using any runes if a player completed hard Lumbridge and Draynor Tasks. The advantage lasts 10 times each day. The required runes must still be in your inventory to cast it even if they are not used. Note that this does not work when trying to make tablets.
With a full inventory of 27 bones (and a stack of Nature Runes), there is a profit of -331 coins per spell assuming a mud staff is equipped and that runes were used.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 26 August 2014 (Update):
- The animations for alchemy, super heat, enchant, charge orb, bones to bananas, and bones peaches have all been updated.
- patch 24 November 2010 (Update):
- The free Bones to Bananas reward from the Lumbridge Achievement Diary is now disabled in the Mage Training Arena.
- patch 17 November 2009 (Update):
- Bones to Peaches and Bones to Bananas can now be used to convert any bones up to and including big bones.
- This is, in all probability, the spell which added to infamously unlucky pirate Unlucky Jenkins's resume of bad luck (It turned his ribs to bananas, which were promptly ripped out by monkeys).
- The spell and Bones To Peaches are possibly a reference to the song "I Like Bananas (Because They Have No Bones)" by The Hoosier Hot Shots. The lyrics of the song state: "I don’t like your peaches, They are full of stones, But I like bananas, Because they have no bones".
- If you have bones in your inventory, but none that work with the spell, you get a message that states "The bones you're holding aren't suitable for bananification."
- Currently, Bones to Bananas is glitched so that it includes an Armadyl rune alongside the required runes when moused over. The spell still does not actually require an Armadyl rune to cast.