|Release||12 July 2011 (Update)|
|High alch||300 coins|
|Low alch||200 coins|
|A strong vine with weights attached at both ends. Also a tripping hazard.|
|Exchange||661 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Bolas are thrown weapons made using items gained from the Jadinko Lair. They can be made from 2 excrescence and a mutated vine, requiring level 87 Fletching and giving 50 experience. They require level 76 Ranged to use. Even though Fletching is an assistable skill, bolas cannot be made via the Assist System.
When a bolas is thrown as an auto-attack, it binds the NPC or player for around 10 seconds. It is possible to miss the bind as with other attacks from a weapon, although the bolas seems to have high accuracy. Auto-attacks and abilities using a bolas deal no damage. Interestingly, Fragmentation Shot always binds the target if it does not miss, but all other ranged abilities (excluding binding abilities) do not apply the bind.
Thrown bolas cannot be retrieved from the ground or by Ava's device.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Creation[edit | edit source]
|50 XP||-||2.5 (1.5s)||661|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||50|
|Base junk chance||3.8%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 7 December 2020 (Update):
- Fixed a bug where only 10 bolas could be fletched at one time, instead of 60.
- ninja 10 July 2017 (Update):
- The Grand Exchange buy limit for bolas has been increased from 50 to 1000.
- patch 4 August 2014 (Update):
- Being attacked by bolas will no longer give an interrupt to abilities.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Bolas are a thrown weapon designed to entangle an animal's legs.
- There appears to be a metallic, hexagonal ring holding the bolas, despite that no metal is used in the process of making these.
- On the day of the release when making bolas using the Assist system, the player making the bolas would receive the experience instead of the one assisting.
- Bolas are the slowest Fletching item to make, not considering the time it takes to collect the untradeable component.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, bolas held other players for 15 seconds, and the length would be halved if the enemy player was using Protect from Ranged or Deflect Missiles, and halved again if they were wielding or carrying a slashing weapon.
Main hand thrown weapons