Bobonosia, previously known as Jermyn, is the homeworld of the mwanu and monkeys. The mwanu were the dominant species of the planet, back when it was known as Jermyn. They sacrificed and ate the other races in the name of their creator god, Tezcasathla, whom they believed would take away the gift of life if he was not sated with blood. The world was renamed Bobonosia after an invader from another world, armed with the Elder horn, aided the monkeys in destroying mwanu civilization.
Bobonosia is covered in jungles and lit by at least two suns, which the mwanu interpreted as the eyes of Tezcasathla. It also has mountains, as one features in the mwanu creation myth; and oceans, as the mwanu were familiar with the ocean tide.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Bobonosia may be a reference to the bonobo, a species of chimpanzee in the primate family.
- Jermyn is a reference to the title character in H. P. Lovecraft's story "Facts Concerning the Late Arthur Jermyn and His Family".
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Decaying journal, RuneScape. "The blood infused the dirt with strength and purpose and so the stone took form and the first of the mwanu was born. [...] So Tezcasathla crafted the other races - the monkeys, the apes and the gorillas - and he gave each of them a single command."
- ^ a b Rotten journal, RuneScape. "In their blasphemy, they have even renamed our world. They call our beloved Jermyn... Bobonosia."
- ^ Decaying journal, RuneScape. "Prove it with the blood of your enemies. For if I am not sated, if you are not worthy, I will take back my gift of blood from you and you will die. [...]This is the foundation upon which our society was born. Mwanu taking their rightful place as the rulers of Jermyn, and the blood sacrifices of the other races would keep Tezcasathla's hunger at bay."
- ^ Rotten journal, RuneScape. "We are cast out, by an invader from another world and the accursed monkeys who gather beneath his banner. A great beast of tusk and fury, armed with a great horn that turns the very jungle itself against us. Our world is no longer ours."
- ^ Decaying journal, RuneScape. "the apes and monkeys that infest the jungles of Jermyn. [...] But the world was still, empty. The jungles silent and devoid of life."
- ^ Decaying journal, RuneScape. "Intrigued by this new world, Tezcasathla turned his attention to the surface, his great burning eyes plunging the world into brilliant light."
- ^ Rotten journal, RuneScape. "As I did, the world fell away and I found myself somewhere new. A new sky, with only one sun."
- ^ Decaying journal, RuneScape. "This bored Tezcasathla and so he reached his hand across the world and pricked a finger upon a mountain."
- ^ Rotten journal, RuneScape. "Arms have risen out of the lake. Great black arms. Solid and angular like stones that have been weathered by the ocean tide."
|Realms and worlds|