Bob is a Lumbridge smith who runs the shop Bob's Brilliant Axes. He has distributed many fliers advertising his business and offering competitive pricing.
When the Lumbridge Castle cellar was broken into during The Lost Tribe, he proposed reacting violently to the transgressors. When diplomatic ties were being established between Lumbridge and Dorgesh-Kaan, a Dorgeshuun goblin, Zanik, was sent to the surface. When she visited Bob's shop, he yelled at her to leave, insulting her, believing her to be like the violent goblins surrounding Lumbridge. However, he later got over his xenophobic feelings towards the Dorgeshuun, selling a bronze hatchet to Gamdin, a Dorgeshuun tourist.
Bob serves as taskmaster for the Lumbridge and Draynor Tasks, handing out and replacing the Explorer's ring 2 after completion of the easy task set.
Bob is capable of repairing degraded equipment at the normal price, a trait which is shared by Tindel Marchant, Squire and Dunstan.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 14 January 2013 (Update):
- Bob in Lumbridge will now correctly repair Barrows items that are slightly degraded.
- patch 31 August 2011 (Update):
- Speaking to Bob in Bob's Brilliant Axes no longer refers to buying an axe.
- It is implied he lives in his shop, because upstairs, there is a room with a bed and dresser. A level 2 woman also resides upstairs.
- In early RuneScape Classic, if players somehow found a way to kill Bob, he would drop bones and 2 coins.
The updated battleaxes and hatchets.