Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Release date||26 January 2015 (Update)|
|Source||Minigames / D&Ds|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Translations[edit | edit source]
This title changes according to the language of the server on which RuneScape is played, as shown below:
|German||Bootsmann [Name] / Bootsfrau [Name]|
|French||Boscot [Name] / Boscotte [Name]|
|Portuguese||Contramestre [Name] / Contramestra [Name]|
Update history[edit | edit source]
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 9 November 2020 (Update):
- Titles earned from Player Owned Ports will no longer remove themselves upon log in.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Bo'sun (also spelled bo's'n, bos'n, or bosun) is the Phonetic Spelling of the rank Boatswain.
- The Boatswain is a petty officer on a merchant ship who controls the work of the other seamen onboard. They are the 3rd or 4th Mate to the Captain onboard, and manage the Deck-Crew.
- The rank of boatswain is the oldest rank in the Royal Navy, and its origins can be traced back to the year 1040.
- It is derived from late Old English batswegen, from bat (boat) concatenated with Old Norse sveinn (swain), meaning a young man, apprentice, a follower, retainer or servant.