|Release||25 December 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|A nice hat from a cracker.|
|Exchange||2,147,483,647 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Blue partyhats are a discontinued item that came from opening Christmas crackers, which were obtained in the 2001 Christmas event. They can no longer be obtained except for being traded from another player that already has one.
Partyhats are some of the oldest discontinued holiday items in the game, beaten only by the pumpkin. In combination with being a wearable item, this has resulted in them becoming some of the most expensive items in RuneScape's history, far exceeding the maximum cash value and resulting in them being traded almost exclusively outside the Grand Exchange. When free trade was reintroduced this caused partyhats to give the appearance of rising sharply in value.
The blue partyhat plays a small but notable role in the Wise Old Man storyline. According to Draynor bank's surveillance tapes, the Wise Old Man killed Elfinlocks and stole the blue partyhat from her ashes while he was robbing the bank. Before the Love Story quest, he wears the partyhat on his head. After the quest, he lends it to Zenevivia, who now lives in his Draynor house with him.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
15 Days of Christmas[edit | edit source]
During the 15 Days of Christmas in 2013, this item, along with other Christmas-themed equipment, were given the Hybrid style of combat, and stats that scaled with the player's levels. This was so players could use these items in combat to assist in hunting for festive crackers during the event.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Christmas cracker||N/A||1||15/128[dr 1]|
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 9 February 2011 (Update):
- Party hat variants will now change in price by up to 5% per day, dependent on demand.
- patch 24 June 2010 (Update):
- Resolved a long-standing issue when wearing party hats with a particular female haircut.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Wise Old Man, Zenevivia and Elfinlocks are the only NPCs that wear this hat.
- During the Swan Song quest, the player will ask the Wise Old Man for the blue partyhat at the end of the quest as a reward; however, he refuses. You can ask him again after the Love Story quest, although he will refuse, as he has already lent it to Zenevivia.
- Along with the red partyhat, this item was the first to pass the 1 billion price mark on the Grand Exchange on 3 March 2011.
- A blue partyhat can be seen on the roof of the Well of Goodwill.
- During the 2014 Christmas event, players could deliver a present to the Wise Old Man, which, as it turned out, was a blue partyhat (t).
- During the Draynor Bank Robbery cutscene, players could misuse a bug where they could pick up the partyhat that the Wise Old Man telegrabs. However, this partyhat uses a different item ID and players could not wear it or trade it. Attempting to do so would yield the message: "Please send a bug report to Jagex telling them how you got that hat."