Blood amulet of fury
|Blood amulet of fury|
|Release||10 November 2014 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Backpack||Wear, Check charges|
|A very powerful onyx amulet with blood necklace capabilities.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
A blood amulet of fury is a neck slot item made by combining an amulet of fury with a blood necklace shard. This process requires 80 Crafting, which can be assisted, and awards 200 experience. However, the process cannot be reversed, and the amulet permanently becomes untradeable. When created, it is fully charged.
While in combat, the amulet has a passive effect that damages monsters for 200 to 500 life points and heals the wearer for the same amount every 15 seconds. This amounts to an average of 1400 damage per minute. The amulet will target the monster that last damaged the wearer or the monster the wearer last damaged (whichever was most recent), and any other nearby monsters (even if they aren't in combat with the wearer). The maximum the amulet can heal per activation is 1,200 life points. If the amulet was intended to do more damage than its target had left (e.g. the target had 240 life points, and the amulet rolled to hit a 500), then the amulet will still heal the full amount to its wearer.
If the blood amulet of fury is lost on death in a PvP situation, it is valued at 50,000 coins and will be dropped for that.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Creation[edit | edit source]
|200 XP||-||1 (0.6s)||-|
|Amulet of fury||1||1,140,918||1,140,918|
|Blood necklace shard||1||19,826,675||19,826,675|
Exceptions[edit | edit source]
The passive effect does not work against most boss monsters, specifically ones that are immune to reflect damage (i.e. Deflect curses, etc). The exceptions to this (i.e. the passive effect will work) are:
- The Dagannoth Kings
- The Corporeal Beast
- The Kalphite Queen
- The Kalphite King
- Beastmaster Durzag
- The main 4 God Wars Dungeon generals: Commander Zilyana, K'ril Tsutsaroth, General Graardor, and Kree'arra
- The main 4 Heart of Gielinor generals: Helwyr, Gregorovic, Vindicta and Gorvek, and the Twin Furies
Degradation and repair[edit | edit source]
The amulet degrades in combat, and lasts for 60,000 charges before it becomes empty. Even after the amulet runs out of charge, it retains its combat bonuses and may be equipped and used, but without the healing effect. A full recharge costs:
- 2000 blood runes (effective cost 1,302,000 coins)
- If recharged in Drakan's crypt south of Burgh de Rott, this is reduced to 1600 blood runes (effective cost 1,041,600 coins)
- 1,000,000 coins at a Repair NPC
- 1,000,000 coins with a 0.5% discount per Smithing level of the repairer at an armour stand
- The Smithing level at which the cost is equal is -60.4; thus, using blood runes is never cheaper.
- Within Drakan's crypt, the crossover level increases to -8.3.
Unlike most other items repairable on an armour stand, the repair of blood necklaces is rounded up to the nearest 1% of the charge (e.g. repairing an amulet with 52.5% charge remaining will charge for a 48% repair).
Usage cost[edit | edit source]
|Method||Repair NPC, armour stand, whetstone||Backpack||Drakan's crypt|
|Item(s) consumed||1,000,000 × Coins[uc 1]||2,000 × Blood rune||1,600 × Blood rune|
|Total GE Price||1,000,000||1,302,000||1,041,600|
|Average rate[uc 2]||30,000||39,060||31,248|
|High rate[uc 3]||60,000||78,120||62,496|
|Maximum rate[uc 4]||100,000||130,200||104,160|
Comparison with other neckwear[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 8 June 2020 (Update):
- Fixed a problem that was causing the Blood Amulet of Fury to appear the wrong colour if compressed textures were turned on.
- patch 10 August 2015 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to pick up blood fury amulets after a PvP death.
- patch 5 May 2015 (Update):
- Hardmode Commander Zilyana can no longer be killed from the blood necklace effect.
- patch 19 January 2015 (Update):
- Players can no longer attempt to repair a blood necklace at 100% durability.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When using 2000 blood runes to recharge the amulet, players can first choose to charge it with 1 blood rune to get 0.1% charge leaving 1999 blood runes left. Using the remaining runes on the amulet will let players choose 1980 runes to be use on the amulet instead of 1999. Choosing 1980 will charge the amulet to 100%, leaving behind 19 blood runes extra. It is currently unknown whether this is a bug.