|Release||21 June 2021 (Update)|
|A vampyre guarding a blood bank must oft be conflicted.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|1,440||0||? (edit)||? (edit)|
4 ticks (2.4s)
|? (edit)||? (edit)||? (edit)|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
The Blood Warden is a vampyre fought during the City of Senntisten quest. After completing the blood bottle puzzle, players must defeat him in order to claim the blood ward. Before the puzzle is completed he makes multiple voiced comments and is visible as his confinement object named ???, which he leaves when the player enters the locked room.
The Blood Warden's special attack is visually similar to Nex's siphon, and will consistently heal the blood warden over time, although players are still able to deal damage to him. Despite being a vampyre, he can be damaged by any weapon or spell.
Attempting to leave the room during combat results in a message The Blood Warden is preventing you from leaving. A quick teleport must be used instead if the player wishes to abandon the fight.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- hotfix 5 July 2021 (Update):
- Fixed an issue that would prevent players from picking up the Blood ward after killing the blood warden in City of Senntisten.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Like many stereotypical vampyres in popular culture--in particular Count Dracula, the titular antagonist of Bram Stoker's 1897 gothic horror novel--the Blood Warden speaks with a strong Eastern European accent, making him the first voice-acted vampyre in the game to do so.
- One of his possible lines of dialogue from outside his chamber is "The night children sing to me!". This is likely a reference to novel Dracula when the titular vampyre says, "Listen to them—the children of the night. What music they make!".
- The Blood Warden foreshadows the events and subsequent fronts of the Elder God Wars Dungeon through his voicelines:
- "Time to die to time to die..." refers to Kerapac, the bound's fight, who utilises The Needle to rewind time over repeatedly.
- "A cold front is coming." refers to the Glacor Front, which turned the area south of the Grand Cathedral into bone-chilling temperatures.
- "The roots claim the dead." refers to Croesus, an ancient fungal bioweapon that feeds on all organic matter, including the dead.
- "Red and black and black and red." refers to the upcoming TzekHaar Front, specifically the reforged TzekHaar and TzKal-Zuk, all of whom sport the aforementioned colors unlike their TzHaar (yellow) and TokHaar (purple) counterparts.
- "They will all betray you." may refer to an unknown fifth boss of the dungeon, seeing that the previous two God Wars Dungeons contains a fifth boss that is shown to be a threat to the other generals or Gielinor itself.
- Unlike many vampyres, any weapon or spell may be used to damage him.
- His model is based on Dessous, who has to be defeated in order do obtain blood diamond in Desert Treasure. This may be a reference as Blood Warden needs to be defeated to obtain the blood ward in the quest.
|† denotes that a character is deceased|