The blisterwood stake-thrower crossbow, nicknamed Screwte after its designer Flaygian Screwte, is a two-handed ranged weapon. It can only fire blisterwood stakes (ammo), which can be crafted from standard blisterwood stakes. Creating this weapon and its ammunition requires partial completion of The Lord of Vampyrium. Like all blisterwood weaponry, it is primarily used for killing Vyrewatch, who cannot be harmed by most means; they are also weak against bolts. One is required in In Memory of the Myreque to build Vertida Sefalatis's statue.
To create one, first combine mithril and silver bars at a furnace, creating silvthril limbs, then add a blisterwood stock, creating an unstrung version, and lastly add a crossbow string.
It is statistically identical to the black salamander and Karil's crossbow.
Blisterwood is fully effective against all vampyres, vyrewatch, and vyrelords/ladies; when fighting them, blisterwood weapons have the following benefits:
- Able to damage them
- Prevent juvinates in Darkmeyer (but not elsewhere) from transforming into dust and escaping
- +50% hit chance
- Chance to deal up to double the normal damage for that attack (including bleeds like Dismember)
- Every 50 vyre corpses cremated in the Columbarium grants +10 damage (a maximum of +100)
See Category:Susceptible to blisterwood weapons for a full list of affected monsters.
- ^ Accurate only if done seemlessly.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 21 September 2015 (Update):
- Now shows how many vyres you have killed.