||2 May 2017 (Update)
||0 or 8%
||20 seconds (33.33 ticks)
|Leap towards your specified location, spinning your blades around you as you land. Dealing 125% weapon damage to all enemies adjacent to or on-top of your specified tile. If any hit enemies die within 6 seconds of you hitting them, the cooldown of bladed dive gets reset.
Revolution will not trigger this ability.
|Infobox • Talk page
Bladed Dive is a basic Attack ability that requires 65 Attack and dual wielded melee weapons to use. It is unlocked from the Shattered Worlds reward shop for 63,000,000 shattered anima.
Unlike other abilities, Bladed Dive is not activated as soon as its keybind is pressed. Instead, pressing its keybind or clicking its icon from the ability book or action bar causes the mouse cursor to be replaced by the Bladed Dive icon. When the player then clicks on a game square, the ability causes the player to leap towards the specified location, dealing 25%-125% ability damage to enemies within a 3x3 area of the selected tile as long as there are no obstacles between the player and the chosen tile. Choosing an attackable target instead of an empty tile instead results in the player landing next to the target rather than on the same tile as the target. Pressing the escape key before selecting a location cancels Bladed Dive.
Bladed Dive may be used outside of the global cooldown. If used this way, it deals no damage and generates no adrenaline. Using Bladed Dive in this manner does not trigger Impatient. If any target dies within 6 seconds after Bladed Dive damaging them, the ability's cooldown is reset, immediately allowing Bladed Dive to be used again.
As with Barge, Surge, and Escape, this ability is affected by the Mobile perk, bringing the cooldown and possible adrenaline gain down to 10 seconds and 0% respectively.
It has the same base damage as Barge, another movement-based melee ability. Like Surge, Bladed Dive has a range of 10 game squares, but can be used to travel at any angle, not just along straight lines and diagonals. Bladed Dive does not share a cooldown with any other ability if used outside of the Wilderness or other PvP enabled areas but shares cooldowns with Surge and Escape if used inside of them, with the exception of Supply runs.
Wearing Laceration boots allows Bladed Dive to be used with any melee weapon. This means that bladed dive can be used with a shield equipped, as well as with a halberd, which increases the area of effect of bladed dive to a 5x5 square.
All hatchets, mattocks, and pickaxes, as well as the (enhanced) Yaktwee stick, are all considered to be melee weapons. Therefore, it is possible to equip one with an augmented off-hand melee weapon with the Mobile perk, freeing up armour slots for skilling outfits. This also reduces the cooldown of Surge and Bladed Dive. Furthermore, because of the aforementioned cooldown reduction, these two abilities can be used near-seamlessly in tandem with each other to maximise speed while moving between skilling nodes, such as reaching the Mage of Zamorak while crafting runes through the Abyss.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 27 January 2020 (Update):
- Using Bladed dive on an NPC no longer changes their name to "Tap to Find a Target" or change their combat level to N/A.
- patch 28 January 2019 (Update):
- An issue has been resolved where Bladed Dive was stopping other gameworld interactions on the same action bar from showing minimenu options.
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- The Bladed Dive ability will no longer change the direction the player is facing shortly after using it.
- Bladed Dive will now award adrenaline when being used to enter combat.
- Bladed Dive will no longer allow you to click on another player when activating it outside PvP.
- patch 29 October 2018 (Update):
- Free to play players can no longer use Bladed Dive.
- patch 16 July 2018 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to use Bladed Dive when transmogrified into certain NPCs.
- patch 9 July 2018 (Update):
- Bladed Dive can no longer be used whilst in the Castle Wars waiting area, to prevent people diving as a sheep.
- patch 14 May 2018 (Update):
- Resolved an issue that would allow the use of bladed dive without meeting the level required.
- patch 8 May 2018 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to use bladed dive when transmogrified into certain NPcs.
- patch 26 June 2017 (Update):
- Bladed Dive no longer deals damage while used during global cooldown.
- Adrenaline is now cleared when switching PvP target by using Bladed Dive while on global cooldown.
- patch 22 May 2017 (Update):
- Bladed Dive can no longer be used while bound by various boss attacks.
- patch 8 May 2017 (Update):
- Bladed Dive can now be used for movement from the quinary action bar.
- update 2 May 2017 (Update):
- Bladed Dive is released along with Shattered Worlds.
- Landing next to a non-attackable NPC produces the error message: "You cannot attack that NPC." A feature (such as a Portable deposit box) will give the standard "Nothing interesting happens" message, even if the feature can normally be walked through. The ability cannot be used to pass solid objects; doing so produces the message: "You can't dive through something you can't walk through!"