The blade of Avaryss is an off-hand, degradable melee weapon dropped by Avaryss, the Unceasing in Heart of Gielinor. It requires 85 Attack to use, and has the accuracy of a tier-90 weapon, but the damage of a tier-80 weapon.
The blade will degrade to a broken state after 60,000 charges of combat (a minimum duration of 10 hours of combat). It can be fixed by Repair NPCs such as Bob in Lumbridge, or at an armour stand in a player-owned house. A full repair, without discounts, costs 1,500,000 coins.
The Blade of Avaryss at most, costs 1,500,000 coins to repair completely. The repair cost is precisely calculated by the degradation percentage (i.e. with 75% charge remaining, a full repair would only cost 375,000 coins). It may be repaired through a variety of methods.
These less preferred methods cost more as they do not consider one's Smithing level for a repair discount.
These preferred methods provide a repair cost discount of 0.5% per Smithing level (including boosts).
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand
form = repairForm
result = repairResult
param = level|Smithing level (1-106)|1|int|1-106||
param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0||
param = cost|cost|1500000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
|Method||Repair NPC, armour stand, whetstone|
|Item(s) consumed||1,250,000 × Coins[uc 1]|
|Total GE Price||1,250,000|
|Average rate[uc 2]||37,500|
|High rate[uc 3]||75,000|
|Maximum rate[uc 4]||125,000|
- ^ Cost at armour stand and whetstone is reduced by 0.5% per Smithing level; 50% at 100 Smithing.
- ^ 1,800 charges per hour.
- ^ 3,600 charges per hour.
- ^ 6,000 charges per hour.
Comparison with other melee weapons[edit | edit source]
- ^ a b There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 1 September 2020 (Update):
- Broadcasts from blade of Avaryss drops no longer broadcast to the player's current world. They can still broadcast to the player's clan and friends.