Black stone arrows are tier 92 arrows. They are created by attaching black stone arrow tips to elder headless arrows at level 92 Fletching. The arrowheads are obtained as drops from the Shadow Reef. Before they can be fletched, the ability to do so must first be purchased for 350,000 Dungeoneering tokens from the Elite Dungeon Reward Shop run by Bryll Thoksdottir at Daemonheim.
Black stone arrows have a passive effect that reduces the target's base armour rating by 0.75% (to a maximum of 22 armour) for each attack, capping at 15% armour reduction (to a maximum of 454 armour). In most situations, this debuff does not wear off until the target dies, 12 minutes pass, or they lose the defence drain from Curses; and are an alternative to statius warhammer, being equivalent or greater when calculating accuracy gain. Some bosses clear all debuffs across phase transitions. Some bosses will remove this debuff on some phases but not others, for example Telos will not clear this debuff from phase 1 going into phase 2; however phase 4 going into phase 5 will clear this debuff. This is because these types of phase transitions (e.g. Vorago, Yakamaru switching pools, and phase 4 to 5 of Telos) cause the boss to despawn at the end of the phase and respawn as an entirely new monster without any debuffs at the start of the next.
Due to their passive ability, a black stone arrow is always consumed for every ability and autoattack performed. Arrows will not be consumed beyond 15% armour reduction per unique enemy. Like all charge bows, Seren godbow can benefit from using black stone arrows.
Black stone arrows
|12.6 XP||-||2 (1.2s) ||1,445|
| Fletching level||92|
|You must have unlocked the recipe.|
| Members only|
|Black stone arrow tips||1||634||634|
|Elder headless arrow||1||707||707|
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 7 June 2021 (Update):
- Black Stone Arrows are no longer consumed while using abilities on a target that is already at the maximum debuff.
- patch 18 March 2019 (Update):
- Black stone arrows are now consumed as expected within the Tirannwn quiver.
- Black stone arrows will now correctly deplete in PvP.
- patch 4 March 2019 (Update):
- Chargebows now take into account arrows equipped or held in an equipped quiver, so special effects like those of dragonbane and black stone arrows can be used with them. Damage will be reduced to the lowest tier of the arrow or chargebow. Chargebows will work as usual when no arrows or another type of ammunition is held in the ammo slot.