|Release date||28 September 2012 (Update)|
|Store price||300% Respect|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Blacksmith's outfit is a Members Only (to wear) skilling outfit purchasable with respect from the Artisans' Workshop. Pieces of the outfit can also be obtained by completing a ceremonial sword. Each piece has a 1/25 drop rate from making a perfect sword and 1/100 for all others. When obtaining an outfit piece from ceremonial sword smithing, the following message is seen:
Pieces can also be purchased for 50% respect from Egil in the Artisans' Workshop reward screen.
Each piece equipped provides a bonus 1% experience to Smithing. When all five pieces are worn, they provide a total bonus of 6% (5 pieces + 1% set bonus) experience to Smithing. The top of this outfit gives the effects of all Varrock armour if it is already owned. The gloves of this outfit also provide the same effect as the Smelting gauntlets if owned. However, the outfit does not give the effects of the Morytania legs 2. If any piece is destroyed or lost on death, it can be reclaimed from Diango in Draynor Village marketplace, Ianto in the Tower of Voices in Prifddinas, Azibo in the Merchant district of Menaphos, through the Bank's holiday outfit retrieval interface, or from a POH toybox.
Additionally, a Blacksmith's helmet add-on may be used on the helmet to create a Modified blacksmith's helmet. The add-on may be obtained in the same way as the other set pieces. The modified helmet allows a number of coal to be claimed for free each day, provides a teleport to the Artisans' Workshop up to 3 times a day, and provides a +5% chance of doubling a bar when smelting (excluding Masterwork Alloy bars). The modified helmet will also retain the original helmet's 1% experience bonus.
Experience boost[edit | edit source]
|Wearing smelting gauntlets provides the same effect as the gloves in the set; the top in the set provides the effect of Varrock armour.|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 4 November 2019 (Update):
- The option to destroy an entire skilling set after destroying a single piece has been added to: The Artisan's outfit, The Blacksmith's outfit, The Botanist's outfit, The Sous chef's outfit and the Constructor's outfit.
- ninja 21 January 2014 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to the Mining and Smithing rework, the Blacksmith's outfit was originally available from Treasure Hunter. It was changed to be a possible reward from smithing ceremonial swords at the Artisans' Workshop in Falador.
- After the Mining and Smithing rework, ceremonial sword smithing was changed to a D&D, but pieces of the blacksmith's outfit are still obtainable.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Timbo. "Dev Blog: Revealing Drop Rates." 17 November 2017. Existing Game Content Forums.
- ^ http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?442,443,2,66068988