The black unicorn hide is a quest item obtained by killing an adult Black unicorn during the Fur 'n Seek quest. The player must prepare the hide using a Bag of salt to obtain a Scrubbed black unicorn hide. After the quest, black unicorns do not drop the hide anymore, however the player will still obtain the normal unicorn drop.
- Add logs to the fire pit or select 'Add-logs Fire pit' on the fire pit to the east side of the Odd Old Man's hut.
- Select 'Stretch-skin Massive ribs' which will take the first Scrubbed hide in inventory or use the scrubbed black unicorn hide on the massive ribs located next to the fire pit.
- 'Light fire pit' or use a tinderbox on fire pit. The fire will burn for around 8 seconds.
- Last 'Collect-fur Massive ribs' to take down the Tanned hide from the ribs. Examine: This hide is ready to be turned into a stuffed animal.
- Doing any of the steps out of order will get an error message: You must place logs on the fire pit first. You need to stretch a scrubbed fur on the rack before lighting the fire. You can't remove a skin while it's drying. You should remove the prepared skin from the rack before preparing another fire.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!