The black ibis mask is a part of the Black Ibis outfit. Wearing this mask boosts thieving experience by +1%. This mask is received by looting urns while playing Pyramid Plunder. If the player is equipped with the Sceptre of the gods, the Master camouflage outfit, a luck enhancer of tier 3 or above, or any combination of the three, the chance is increased. However, the mask cannot be obtained at all without a Thieving level of 78.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 14 July 2014 (Update):
- Acquiring black ibis pieces from Pyramid Plunder will now replace artefacts if the player has no space available.
- The mask will not function as a desert disguise, despite the examination.
- The snake on the top of the headgear is recognisable as being a Uraeus (the name given to the rearing cobra), which have been found on real-life Egyptian pharaoh's headgear. The most notable are the golden uraeus of Senusret II, and on the mask of Tutankhamun.
- Since the Black Ibis clothing is found in the Pharaoh's treasure rooms, as well as displaying traditional symbols worn by Pharaohs, it is logical to assume that the Pharaoh is part of (or even a leader) of the mysterious Black Ibis organisation.