A black candle is a Firemaking item which is used during Merlin's Crystal. It can be lit with a tinderbox to create a lit black candle. The black candle can be obtained by trading a bucket of wax with the Catherby Candle-maker. The bucket of wax is obtained from one of the beehives west of Catherby by spraying the beehive with insect repellent and using a bucket on it. This item cannot be substituted with a standard white candle for Construction in a player-owned house.
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of items, click here.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 25 February 2009 (Update):
- Black candles are no longer visible in the player stock for the candle seller as they are untradeable.
- Black candles are considered to be unlucky by the candle maker.
- After the quest it is possible to buy black candles from the candle maker for 3 coins each, as he claims that the player "started a trend" with the black candles, and has begun selling them, despite being considered unlucky.