A group of bird-demons once attacked a town in what would later be known as the Tengu Archipelago. The village was protected by ten like-minded individuals who would become known as the Ten Gu sages and they would expand their influence across Wushanko.
Voyages[edit | edit source]
- In an A Fine Expedition voyage from The Shield, the Biologist must evade bird-demons to claim a supply of ancient bones.
- In an A Joint Acquisition voyage from The Shield, the Chef and the Biologist fetch some azure near the nests of the bird-demons of the Tengu Archipelago.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The bird-demons may be a reference to the tengu, a bird-like yokai in Japanese mythology that were thought to be disruptive demons.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Sojobo (contracts), RuneScape. "The Gu have humble origins - a group of ten like-minded individuals banded together to protect a small town from attack by a group of bird-demons. Each of the ten brought a different skill to the group, and each of them were pivotal to the success of their defence. After saving that village, the locals wished for them to remain, to live among them as saviours and friends. Thus the Gu were born."
- ^ A Fine Expedition, RuneScape. "The Biologist believes she knows the location of a supply of ancient bones. Help her evade the bird-demons and claim it."
- ^ A Joint Acquisition, RuneScape. "The Chef and Biologist have heard of some azure near the nests of the bird-demons of Tengu Archipelago. Help the duo fetch it."