Bird's nest (blue egg)
|Release||24 October 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|It's a bird's nest with an egg in it.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
A bird's nest can be found while cutting trees, collected from the Managing Miscellania minigame, as a reward from an Evil Tree and sometimes as a reward in the Gnome Restaurant minigame. If a player is cutting a tree and sees it on the ground, they are advised to pick it up as it will disappear within 30 seconds.
Obtaining nests[edit | edit source]
The most widely known method of obtaining a bird's nest with blue eggs is through the Woodcutting skill. When cutting trees or ivy, a bird's nest may randomly fall out of the tree or ivy next to the player. When this happens, a red message appears in the chatbox saying " A bird's nest falls out of the tree.", and the sound of a bird chirping can be heard. If the player does not pick up the nest within 30 seconds, it will disappear.
Equipment can be worn to increase the chances of finding a bird's nest while woodcutting. A Strung rabbit foot will increase the chances by an unknown amount, and requires a Hunter level of at least 24. A Tree-shaking scrimshaw will increase the chances by 300%, and requires level 80 woodcutting. A Superior Tree-shaking Scrimshaw will increase the chances by 400%.
Bird's nests with blue eggs cannot be obtained from Wyson the gardener; he will only exchange for nests with seeds.
One other route to obtaining bird nests is using the Miscellania and Etceteria kingdom to work on cutting maple trees - up to eight nests a day can be obtained via this method. Note that players are likely to receive more nests when there is more money in the kingdom coffers. 999 nests can be obtained after 112 days of 100% approval rating have passed in the kingdom. After that, no more nests can be obtained until players collect their rewards.
Rewards from Woodcutting and Managing Miscellania[edit | edit source]
Nest type distribution[edit | edit source]
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 29,622 gathered.|
1 item is dropped at a time.
Egg type distribution[edit | edit source]
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 1,397 opened.|
1 item is dropped at a time.
Loot[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Bird's egg (blue) (m)||1||Always||1||1|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Default disassembly items|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 12 February 2018 (Update):
- Players can now open bird nests and divine eggs quickly by repeatedly clicking the last nest/egg in the backpack (similar to prawn balls).
- hotfix 1 November 2016 (Update):
- Players can no longer attempt to loot a bird nest with a full inventory.
- ninja 31 October 2016 (Update):
- Birds' nests and crystal geodes now have right-click options to loot them all in a cycling action.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- With the release of the Summoning skill in January 2008, many players started desperately hunting for bird's nests, with the hope of getting a bird's egg which can be hatched if a player has the appropriate Summoning level.
- On 3 March 2009, after numerous complaints by players not hearing whenever the nests dropped to the ground, a sound effect was added.
- On 4 April 2011, it was stated that the enhanced graphical trees around the clan camp would be 10% more likely to drop a bird's nest. This bonus does stack with a strung rabbit foot.