Quick guide for Big Chompy Bird Hunting
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Rantz, in eastern Feldip Hills.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat|
Getting started[edit | edit source]
Fletching some arrows[edit | edit source]
- Chop down two Achey Trees.
- Craft ogre arrow shafts from the logs.
- Use feathers on the ogre arrow shafts.
- Obtain some wolf bones. There are some wolves just south-west of Rantz, by the swamp.
- Craft wolf bone arrowheads from the wolf bones.
- Use the wolf bone arrowheads on the shafts.
- Use 6 ogre arrows on Rantz.
Bloated toads[edit | edit source]
- Ask Rantz all possible questions.
- Enter the cave north of Rantz.
- Unlock the chest in the north-west corner and search it to receive ogre bellows.
- Exit the cave and run a short distance south-west to the swamp.
- At the swamp, stand near the swamp bubbles and fill ogre bellows. Left-click bloat swamp toads, so that you have 2 bloated toad in your inventory.
- It's recommended that you collect 3 in case a chompy bird does not spawn.
Hunting[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Rantz.
- Drop a bloated toad where the arrow points.
- You may need to drop more toads if the bird doesn't spawn.
- Return to Rantz and talk to him.
- After Rantz fires his bow, talk to him to receive an ogre bow.
- Alternatively, you can kill the same chompy bird, if it has not left.
- Place another toad in the clearing.
- Kill the chompy bird that appears with the ogre bow.
- Pluck the carcass and take the raw chompy.
- Talk to Rantz.
Cooking the bird[edit | edit source]
|Onion||To the west of the swamp where you get the bloated toads, planted near the tomato on a stool, there's a fire and some ogres, right around there. You need to pick them from the ground, because they don't appear on the minimap.|
|Doogle leaf||West of onion spawn, in between the fungus (red dot on minimap).|
|Tomato||West of the swamp on a stool, in the same area as the onions (red dot on minimap).|
|Cabbage||On the ground, not too far from the tomatoes or the potatoes.|
|Equa leaf||You can get this south-east of Rantz, east of the place you placed your toad for the bait. Equa leaves are small and green so sometimes they can be hard to see, a way to get around this is to use the red dots on your minimap to pin point the location of the equa leaves.|
|Potato||You can pick a potato from a potato plant south-east of Rantz, right beside the equa leaf.|
- Talk to Rantz.
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 quest points
- 262 experience
- 1,470 experience
- 735 experience
- Ogre bow
- Ability to fletch ogre arrows
- Ability to cook chompy birds and earn ogre hats
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Big Chompy Bird Hunting is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
- Mourning's End Part I
- Recipe for Disaster
- Recipe for Disaster: Freeing Skrach Uglogwee
- Recipe for Disaster: Freeing the Lumbridge Sage
- Zogre Flesh Eaters
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests:
- 'Phite Club
- A Clockwork Syringe
- As a First Resort
- Full completion of Azzanadra's Quest
- Full completion of Battle of the Monolith (miniquest)
- Cabin Fever
- Children of Mah
- City of Senntisten
- Crocodile Tears
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Dealing with Scabaras
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Do No Evil
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Fortunes (miniquest)
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Full completion of Hero's Welcome
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Mourning's End Part II
- Full completion of Nadir
- Nomad's Elegy
- One of a Kind
- Our Man in the North
- Pieces of Hate
- Plague's End
- Rag and Bone Man/Wish list
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Recipe for Disaster: Defeating the Culinaromancer
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Rocking Out
- Rum Deal
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Great Brain Robbery
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- Full completion of The World Wakes
- Within the Light