Berserker is a curse from the Ancient Curses prayer book. This book is unlocked after completing the The Temple at Senntisten quest. When Berserker is activated, all boosted combat stats last 15% longer than normal. This prayer can save players money because they will need fewer stat boosters such as potions to keep their stats boosted. This is especially true for extreme potions, as they are untradeable and give very large boosts to only combat stats. Players should be aware that if Berserker is deactivated before the potion boost wears off, stats may fall at a rapid rate for a short period of time. This prayer can be very useful in keeping boosted stats near maximum for longer periods.
The Berserker prayer does NOT work with non-combat skills or Overloads' timer; the only effect it has with overloads is the time taken for the stats to lower by 1 which is increased by 15%. However, this isn't of much use because overloads restore to the maximum boost every 15 seconds.
Player Activating Berserker
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 11 December 2012 (Update):
- The Berserker Curse no longer displays the sap strength icon in the Skill Advance Guide.
- patch 7 June 2011 (Update):
- This curse no longer takes precedence over other emotes.
- patch 12 April 2011 (Update):
- This curse will no longer cause a player to jump around if seated.
- patch 16 February 2010 (Update):
- The quest requirements for the Berserker curse were missing from the in-game skill guide.
- According to the ancient hymnal, Berserker's verbal incantation is "Dona mihi potestam, animum et fortitudinem bestiae firmissimae." (Give me the power, the courage, and durability of the mightiest beast.)
- Old School RuneScape has a similar prayer, Preserve, which makes boosted stats last 50% longer (including non-combat skills) and drains at a much slower rate (3 points per minute, which is equivalent to 30 points per minute in RS3).