Belladonna, or cave nightshade, is grown in a belladonna patch by planting a belladonna seed in it, requiring level 63 Farming. The only belladonna patch is located at Draynor Manor. Planting the seed grants 91 experience, and harvesting it grants 512 experience.
There is no nearby gardener to watch over your growing belladonna plant, and the plant does not need watering.
Players must pick nightshade with gloves equipped, or they will be hit for 20 poison damage instead of harvesting the nightshade. Certain decorative gloves, such as Samid's gloves, Santa gloves, Mime gloves, and Hati paws or gloves from Fist of Guthix, such as cadantine gloves, do not work safely. Some other items that go in the hand slot like the Regen bracelet do not work, but other hand slot items like the farmer's cuffs do work.
||The belladonna seed has only just been planted.
||The belladonna plant grows a little taller.
||The belladonna plant grows taller and leafier.
||The belladonna plant grows some flower buds.
||The belladonna plant is ready to harvest.
|This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- update 4 August 2014 (Update):
- The farmers cuffs now have the ability to pick nightshade/belladonna successfully without the player taking damage.
- update 28 November 2012 (Update):
- Players can now pick belladonna flowers with gloves of silence equipped.
- update 1 September 2010 (Update):
- It should now be clearer that the swordfish gloves from Fist of Guthix will not offer protection when picking belladonna, for example.