|Release||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|A glass of frothy ale.|
|Exchange||1,339 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Beer is a food item which, when drank, heals 100 life points and temporarily increases the player's Strength by 2, however it also decreases the player's Attack temporarily by 6 or 7%. It cannot be brewed by players.
Drinking multiple mugs of beer in short succession cannot bring a player's Strength bonus beyond an increase of 2 but such an act can repeatedly cause a penalty to a player's Attack until it reaches a minimum of 0. However, even if the player drinks multiple beers, they are still able to wield weapons of their base level (e.g. If a player with 60 Attack drinks beer to lower their level below 60, they can still wield dragon weapons).
Barrels with a tap protruding from it with examine text of "The barrel is full of ale" or "Mmm...beer!" you can use a beer glass on the barrel and fill the glass with beer. These barrels have been gradually removed from the game alongside graphical reworks leaving very few left. Known locations include the Docking port on Musa Point, Sithik Ints' house in Yanille, the Dead Man's Chest in Brimhaven and the house with the piano east of it, by the Woman Warriors north of Ardougne, and the Mill Road Mill.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Arnold's Eclectic Supplies||Piscatoris Fishing Colony||2||Coins||10|
|The Asp & Snake Bar||Pollnivneach||2||Coins||10|
|Blue Moon Inn||Varrock||2||Coins||∞|
|Dancing Donkey Inn||Varrock||2||Coins||∞|
|The Esoterican Arms||Miscellania and Etceteria dungeon||2||Coins||10|
|Flying Horse Inn||East Ardougne||2||Coins||∞|
|Forester's Arms||Seers' Village||2||Coins||∞|
|Harpoon Joe's House of 'Rum'||Mos Le'Harmless||2||Coins||10|
|Jolly Boar Inn||North-east of Varrock||2||Coins||∞|
|Karamja Wines, Spirits, and Beers||Karamja||2||Coins||10|
|The Other Inn||Mos Le'Harmless||2||Coins||10|
|Paramaya Inn||Shilo Village||2||Coins||∞|
|The Poison Arrow||Ardougne||2||Coins||∞|
|Rellekka Long Hall Bar||Rellekka||2||Coins||10|
|The Golden Scarab Inn||Menaphos||2||Coins||∞|
Item spawns[edit | edit source]
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Black Guard Berserker||53; 56||1||Uncommon|
|Black Knight Titan||28||1||Unknown|
|Cyclops||57; 63; 68; 91||1||Common|
|Goblin Stronghold of Security||?||1||6/128||N/A|
|Haakon the Champion||32||1||Uncommon|
|Market Guard (Fremennik)||39||1||Rare|
|Trade floor guard||70||1||Uncommon|
|Zombie||11; 12; 14; 22; 29; 72; 74; 75; 77; 78; 79; 82; 84; 85||1||Uncommon|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Food and herbs|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||89.0%|
Graphical updates[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 28 October 2008 (Update):
- Using one beer glass on a barrel of freshly brewed beer will make your character attempt to fill all their beer glasses without any additional clicking.
- update 25 January 2001 (Update):
- Drinking huge amounts of beer would make players unnaturally strong. This has now been fixed so Beer can only increase your strength slightly.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The examine option of "Mmm...Beer" on some beer barrels could be a reference to Homer Simpson, a character of the TV show "The Simpsons", who uses this as a catchphrase.
- According to Eli Bacon, Beer was invented by Gerald Beer.
- In the Brazilian-Portuguese translation of RuneScape, beer received the name "Garapa", which stands for the juice extracted from the Sugarcane plant. Most if not all other alcoholic beverages were also renamed to non-alcoholic drinks.