||20 November 2012 (Update)
||15 seconds (25 ticks)
|Slam your shield into the target.
- 20%-100% ability damage.
- Deal additional damage equal to 10% of your shield's armour value plus your defence level.
|Infobox • Talk page
Bash is a basic Defence ability which requires a shield to use. Despite the description, when activated, the player deals 20-100% of the sum of their ability damage, shield armour value, and Defence level.
For example, with a tier 90 main-hand weapon and shield (and no other equipment), and level 99 Strength and Defence, Bash deals 20-100% of 1701 damage. Under these conditions, the normal ability damage is 1111, so this corresponds to a 30.6–153.1% ability. This makes Bash one of the more potent basic abilities, especially as several of the strong basic abilities are not usable with a shield.
Bash works no differently when using a defender, however the values change as defenders have different equipment stats. Using the above conditions with a tier 90 defender instead of a shield, the effective ability damage of Bash is 1794. As the normal ability damage is increased to 1450, this now corresponds to a 24.7–123.7% ability. Despite the lower percentage, this means that Bash is stronger with a defender than a shield. Generally, this further means that while using a defender, Bash could be used to replace Tuska's Wrath in a revolution bar while not on a Slayer assignment against the target.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 4 May 2021 (Update):
- The range check for the Bash ability now uses the right hand.
- patch 10 August 2015 (Update):
- The Bash ability is no longer classed as a stun ability.
- patch 28 July 2014 (Update):
- The Bash ability now correctly activates after using a stun ability.
- Before the Legacy Mode update, Bash would stun the target and deal 100% weapon damage.