Barrows: Rise of the Six
Barrows: Rise of the Six is the sequel to the standard Barrows. It was released on 13 November 2013. It features a team of one to four players fighting against all six of the Barrows Brothers: Ahrim, Dharok, Guthan, Torag, Verac, and Karil. Due to Sliske's experiments in the Shadow Realm, the brothers have become stronger.
The entrance to the minigame can be found west of the entrance to the Barrows within a well that is surrounded by four outbuildings (do not cross bridges). It is marked on the minimap by a well icon (blue water drop). The quickest way to get there is using Drakan's medallion, which is unlocked during The Branches of Darkmeyer. Alternatively, players may travel through The Hollows and use the swamp boat. Teams of four can use the Grouping System, though one player must have a Barrows totem with them. The table to the right shows the daily rotation of the brothers.
Obtaining all of Barrows: Rise of the Six unique drops and having unlocked all Barrows bobbleheads will unlock the [Name], Banisher of Shadows title.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Rewards[edit | edit source]
After subduing the brothers, the player(s) can loot the chest that subsequently appears to obtain their rewards. Each player has three rolls - the 100% energy roll, main drop table and kiteshield roll.
Estimated earnings[edit | edit source]
Individually the average value of each chest is 1,681,500.15 coins, consisting of 1,099,200 coins from malevolent energies, 422,314.83 coins from shields, and 159,985.32 coins from other drops.
100% drops[edit | edit source]
One energy is always received from the chest; however, there is a 50% chance to obtain a second piece of energy. It always comes in unstable form. In order to stabilize it, the player must escape the dungeon without lobbying, dying or teleporting.
The value of 1 stable malevolent energy is 732,800 coins.
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE Price||High Alch|
|Malevolent energy (unstable) (m)||1–2||Always||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Charms[edit | edit source]
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 177 kills.|
4 items are dropped at a time.
Main drops[edit | edit source]
All drops share the same drop rate of 1/11.
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE Price||High Alch|
|Barrows amulet (m)||3–10||1/11||44,643-148,810||Not alchemisable|
|Huge plated rune salvage||6–10 (noted)||1/11||230,052-383,420||240,000-400,000|
|Magic logs||190–210 (noted)||1/11||89,490-98,910||36,480-40,320|
|Raw rocktail (m)||120–150 (noted)||1/11||319,440-399,300||43,200-54,000|
|Black dragonhide||60–80 (noted)||1/11||122,580-163,440||2,880-3,840|
|Onyx bolts (e) (m)||50–65||1/11||380,500-494,650||450,000-585,000|
|Battlestaff (m)||35–45 (noted)||1/11||139,685-179,595||147,000-189,000|
|Banite stone spirit (m)||15||1/11||4,665||Not alchemisable|
|Magic seed (m)||2–4||1/11||82,744-165,488||506-1,012|
|Dwarf weed seed (m)||6–10||1/11||16,944-28,240||228-380|
|Inert adrenaline crystal (m)||6–10 (noted)||1/11||8,406-14,010||14,400-24,000|
Tertiary drops[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE Price||High Alch|
|Malevolent kiteshield (m)||1||1/240||21,191,659||300,000|
|Merciless kiteshield (m)||1||1/240||33,823,747||300,000|
|Vengeful kiteshield (m)||1||1/240||46,340,154||300,000|
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Shadows Below ( 50) – Survive the shadow beneath the barrows.
- Brothers in More Arms ( 40) – Defeat Rise of the Six on six different occasions, leaving a different brother to last.
- Family Affair ( 0) – Obtained a collection of unique drops from the Barrows Brothers: Rise of the Six.
- Barrowed Power:
- Barrowed Power I ( 5) – Defeat the empowered Barrows Brothers. (X/5)
- Barrowed Power II ( 5) – Defeat the empowered Barrows Brothers. (X/10)
- Barrowed Power III ( 5) – Defeat the empowered Barrows Brothers. (X/25)
- Barrowed Power IV ( 5) – Defeat the empowered Barrows Brothers. (X/50)
- Barrowed Power V ( 5) – Defeat the empowered Barrows Brothers. (X/75)
- Barrowed Power VI ( 5) – Defeat the empowered Barrows Brothers. (X/100)
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 16 August 2021 (Update):
- Teleport restrictions have been removed from the boss encounter for Rise of The Six.
- hotfix 1 June 2020 (Update):
- Fixed a bug in which the instance creator was unable to enter the boss arena due to the instance rework. Previously, there was a jumping animation before the instance interface appeared, which was removed with the said rework. In order for the creator to enter the arena, they had to leave their instance, then rejoin it on another player that was inside.
- patch 25 November 2019 (Update):
- patch 10 June 2019 (Update):
- An issue stopping group members from teleporting to Barrows Rise of The Six has been fixed.
- patch 12 December 2016 (Update):
- The RoTS entry mechanic has been changed to allow for fewer than 4 players. Instance creation remains unchanged and will still require one of your party to spend a Barrows totem. As such, you can now play this content with between 1 and 4 players. Simply standing on any of the platforms with that many players will let you begin.
- patch 13 April 2015 (Update):
- Players can no longer teleport from inside the Rise of the Six well entrance as this was causing some camera issues.
- patch 16 February 2015 (Update):
- Some floating torches in the Rise of the Six caverns have been brought back down to earth.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Dharok can now be killed by Sunshine or Death's Swiftness in Rise of the Six.
- patch 17 November 2014 (Update):
- You can now add a requirement of 10 minimum kills for Rise of the Six.
- patch 13 October 2014 (Update):
- Finishing a Rise of the Six kill from the Shadow Realm will now correctly award XP.
- ninja 7 July 2014 (Update):
- There is now a 'quick-start' option on the Barrows: Rise of the Six portal.
- patch 3 March 2014 (Update):
- patch 13 January 2014 (Update):
- A section of map used in the Rise of the Six to ensure players have a means to escape when the world is collapsing has been tweaked.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Upon release, a graveyard system was implemented but caused disconnections to players who entered at first. Within a few minutes, a patch was implemented that put the graves right outside the original Barrows entrance. After a hidden update, the system was fixed and graves now appear inside the graveyard rather than outside.
- If a bucket is used on the entrance well, Ahrim the Blighted will appear and fill it with water. He will even have the attack option, although selecting it will do nothing.
- The fight is the third non-quest fight to make use of a cutscene after victory, the first two being Bork and Vorago.
- When looting the chest for the first time, the mask of Sliske will appear and congratulate the player.
- There are several glitches that can occur during and after the fight:
- When Karil/Ahrim teleports to the middle of the field to use Bombard and Shadow Pits respectively while in the Shadow Realm, they remain in the normal realm for the duration of the ability. An even rarer bug can occur where they fail to return to the Shadow Realm, causing the kill to be lost.
- Karil's Shadow Dash and Ahrim's Shadow Pits can damage players during the cutscene.
- If Guthan reclaims his spear just as he loses his health, he can still attack players despite being unattackable.
- If the player uses Surge and lands in an area where debris was just about to fall, there is a slight chance that rather than being knocked back and being dealt with damage, they will get stuck. The only way to get out of it is by lobbying or dying.
- Though unattackable by players when defeated, an offensive familiar may continue to attack a defeated brother. While active, they are immune to familiar damage. If the familiar lands a hit against a defeated brother, they will shake violently.
- After defeating the brothers the Adventurer's Log will say: "I defeated the wights of the Shadow Realm X time(s), sealing them back in Sliske's rift."
- Initially, the Shadow Realm ability of the brothers was completely different from the current ability. A brother would forcefully have the player possess their body in the Shadow Realm. The other brothers would follow the player at walking pace, and all five brothers had to be lured into the five gas clouds for the player to return to the normal realm. If they touched the player, they would deal them damage. In the normal realm, that brother would be the "player", where they followed the movements of the player in the Shadow Realm.
- Prior to the 12 December 2016 update, Barrows: Rise of the Six required four players in order to start the fight. This was changed to allow teams to start the fight without needing four players if they were in a smaller team.
- Players can still receive kill-count towards this boss encounter without looting the chest, even though the kill-count is said to be how many chests have been looted in the Quick Chat dialogue.
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for this boss was 46,387 kills.
- Along with its original version, Rise of the Six does not have any pet unlock items, even though its title requires pets in order to obtain; rather, the pets are made by the player.
- Prior to an update on 16 August 2021, teleports were disabled in the dungeon. Attempting to teleport out displayed the message .
- There is a bug in which the player can smuggle unstable energy out of the dungeon by perfect ticking with both Bladed Dive and Surge to avoid the timer countdown. Unless this countdown occurs, the energy remains intact, although they will disappear if the player dies or logs out.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ a b c d e Mod Timbo. "Revealing Drop Rates." 06 October 201. Developers' Blogs.
- ^ Jagex. RuneScape's Twitter account. 27 May 2020. (Archived from the original on 27 May 2020.) RuneScape: "#RSHotfix: Barrows: Rise of the Six instance owners are once again able to enter the instance they created."
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Boss. Reddit. 2 February 2018. (Archived from the original on 25 January 2019.) Mod Shauny: "Here are the top 10 kills for each Boss in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 20 Boss Killers by Monster (Data: 13th December 2018). Reddit. 8 January 2019. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2020.) Mod Shauny: "[link to a spreadsheet]"