A player placing a barrel of monkeys down
Barrel of monkeys was awarded randomly while skilling or as a drop from Clawdia during the Summer Beach Party in stacks of 5.
It can be dropped on a surface (excluding bank areas) in RuneScape, releasing a number of grey, scampering monkeys (up to 10, and each monkey lasts roughly 30 seconds before disappearing) which move about randomly. It can only be used once, as the barrel will disappear with the monkeys after use. Only 1 barrel can be placed at a time. No warning message is given before it is used.
While functionally identical to the barrel won from the Squeal of Fortune, this is tradeable and stackable.
- No drop sources found. To force an update, click here.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- hotfix 17 January 2017 (Update):
- Monkey barrels were re-enabled.
- hotfix 16 January 2017 (Update):
- Monkey barrels were disabled, as they caused a client crash in NXT.