This article is about the ability. For the ship, see canal barge
||20 November 2012 (Update)
||20.4 seconds (34 ticks)
|Run up and ram the target.
- 25%-125% ability damage.
- Instantly move within 1 tile of target.
- Clear bound status.
- Bind the target for 6.6s.
|Infobox • Talk page
Barge is a basic Attack ability, requiring level 30 Attack to use.
When activated, the player breaks free of all binds (but not stuns) and charges to their target, dealing 25-125% ability damage and binding them for 6.6 seconds. Barge has a maximum range of 10 squares.
Barge places the player within melee distance of their target, so it is useful for initiating combat with a faraway target and, in PvP, catching up to players attempting to flee.
In the Wilderness, Barge does not share a cooldown with Surge, Escape and Bladed Dive - this is balanced out due to the fact that the player has to target something in order to barge into them.
The Mobile perk halves its cooldown to 10 seconds at the cost of gaining no adrenaline.
Barge can be upgraded to Greater Barge through the use of a Greater Barge ability codex.
Barge hits 1 tick after it was activated.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 27 August 2019 (Update):
- The Mobile perk now correctly lowers the cooldown of the Barge ability.
- patch 29 April 2019 (Update):
- Fixed Barge ability animation whilst other abilities are queued.
- patch 4 July 2016 (Update):
- Extended the Barge ability's bind in PvM from 1 second to 6.6 seconds.
- patch 12 October 2015 (Update):
- Barge now binds the target for 6.6 seconds, up from 1.2 seconds.
- patch 13 July 2015 (Update):
- Barge will now apply a 1.2 second bind on an opponent.
- Barge no longer shares a cooldown with Surge/Escape.
- Barge with no target will no longer perform Surge.
- ninja 30 March 2015 (Update):
- Players can now use the Surge, Barge and Escape abilities in Barbarian Assault.
- patch 30 March 2015 (Update):
- The animation for barge will now correctly charge towards the player's target.
- patch 16 March 2015 (Update):
- There is no longer a delay after using Barge, Surge or Escape.
- ninja 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Players are now able to use Barge, Surge and Escape inside God Wars hard mode instances.
- ninja 23 June 2014 (Update):
- Barge now works in Dungeoneering.
- Until the 13 July 2015 patch notes, Barge shared a cooldown with Surge and Escape and could function as the melee version of those skills in the absence of a target.
- Barge was named Charge in Jagex's test servers for the Evolution of Combat.
- Despite the ability's description, the attack consists of the player kicking the target instead of shoulder-barging them.