Barbarian mixes are potions that have added roe or caviar to give them a small healing benefit along with the standard effect.
In order to be able to make Barbarian mixes, Otto Godblessed must be talked to, located at Otto's Grotto (west of Baxtorian Falls). He will teach the basic Barbarian skills needed to get the special ingredients for these mixes. He also teaches the decanting of 4 dose potions into two 2-dose potions by using any 4-dose potion on an empty vial.
Barbarian potion requirements:
All mixes that only require roe will heal 300 life points per dose. All mixes that require caviar heal 600 life points per dose, with an exception of energy and combat mixes. Using caviar on potions that can be made from roe is possible but will not make the potion heal 600 life points per dose, the potion will still heal the usual 300 life points. Apart from healing, all potions have the same effect as their corresponding normal potion seen in the table above.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included—see here for how to help out!
- patch 11 February 2019 (Update):
- Caviar can again be used to make barbarian mixed potions.
- patch 1 December 2014 (Update):
- The healing values of some barbarian mix potions have been updated.
- patch 13 November 2013 (Update):
- Using a flask on barbarian potions no longer causes disconnections.
- patch 22 November 2011 (Update):
- Drinking barbarian potions now drinks from the slot that was clicked.
- patch 6 September 2011 (Update):
- The barbarian potions now have consistent names.
- patch 9 September 2008 (Update):
- Bob Barter can now combine 3-dose, 2-dose and 1-dose potions from a player's inventory into vials containing 4 doses. This includes barbarian potions and calquat kegs.