Barbarian Smithing is part of the Barbarian Training taught to players by Otto Godblessed. To begin smithing, players must have completed Tai Bwo Wannai Trio. There are two types of activities that fall under Barbarian Smithing: spear smithing and hasta smithing.
Quick guide[edit | edit source]
- Travel to Otto's house by using a games necklace and selecting Barbarian Outpost, then go south and slightly to the west until you reach his house
- Ensure you have completed the Tai Bwo Wannai Trio quest
- After completing the barbarian fishing training, talk to Otto again about the "use of spears".
- Get a Steel bar and Willow log and use them on the Barbarian anvil near Otto's house to create a steel spear
- If the player has the Scroll of efficiency effect trigger, the player will have to re-make the given item before progressing.
- Once you made the spear talk to Otto about the use of "one-handed spears".
- Get another metal bar and logs and use them on the Barbarian anvil to make a steel hasta
- Talk to Otto about the use of "one-handed spears".
Spears[edit | edit source]
After completing Barbarian Fishing training, talk to Otto again. The first part of Barbarian Smithing a player will learn is about how to make spears. You will need a metal bar and some corresponding logs and use them on the Barbarian anvil near Otto's house (another Barbarian anvil is in Gunnarsgrunn). Once you made the spear talk to Otto again and he will tell you about hastae.
Hastae[edit | edit source]
Forging hastae is exactly the same, take a metal bar and the corresponding logs, then use them on a barbarian anvil. Next, talk to Otto again, and your Barbarian Smithing is completed.
|Spears / Hastae||Wood required||Level required||XP gained|
|Steel hasta||Willow logs||20||75|
|Mithril hasta||Maple logs||30||100|
|Adamant hasta||Yew logs||40||125|
|Rune hasta||Magic logs||50||150|