Alfred Grimhand's Bar Crawl is a miniquest that must be completed to gain full access to the Barbarian Outpost, where it's considered a "rite of passage". The Barbarian Outpost Agility Course and the Horror from the Deep and Scorpion Catcher quests also require the completion of this miniquest. To complete it, you must trek around Gielinor to various bars and pubs, drinking specialty brews made by the bartender of each establishment, and having them sign off a Barcrawl card.
| Speak to one of the barbarian guards at the outer entrance of the Barbarian Outpost Agility Course.|
| Members only|
|Short to Medium|
|Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
- 208 gold coins to buy all the required liquor
To begin, talk to one of the barbarian guards outside the fenced-in area of the Barbarian Outpost to get the Barcrawl card. The Barcrawl card lists all of the bars and pubs you have to visit. Each one will be checked off when you've ordered the specialty brew from each location. If you lose the card, you'll have to start the entire miniquest all over again.
You'll need to tell the barkeepers that you're doing the barcrawl and they will give you what you need. The brews are very strong, though, causing some damage as well as some steep temporary drops in stats. The entire trip will cost 208 coins, plus money for runes/tablets and boat trips to Karamja. Once you have every line of the card signed, return it to one of the guards at the Barbarian Outpost.
You can visit the bars in any order. The amount of damage dealt by the damaging drinks is dependent on your Constitution level. None of the beers are actual items; instead, they are consumed automatically.
||Blue Moon Inn
||Uncle Humphrey's Gutrot
||Lowers Attack, Defence, Strength, and Smithing and up to 260 life points. Makes your insides feel terrible.(makes you say Blearrgh!)
||Jolly Boar Inn
||Varrock (next to the Lumber Yard)
||Lowers Attack, Defence, Mining, Crafting, and Magic by 9. Makes your head spin.
||1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the Grand Tree
||Fire Toad Blast
||Lowers your health by 5 times your Constitution level. Burns your mouth and throat.
||Lowers Attack and Defence by 10. Blurs vision and causes staggering.
||Flying Horse Inn
||Ardougne (west of the North Bank [North of the Castle])
||Lowers life points by about 20-30% of your total. Makes you clutch your chest and your eyes water.
||Lowers Attack, Defence, Fletching, Firemaking, and Woodcutting by 9. Makes the room sway.
||Hand of Death Cocktail
||Lowers Attack, Defence, Ranged, and Fishing by 7. Lowers up to 200 life points. Makes you stumble around the room (much to the bartender's amusement).
||Dead Man's Chest
||Brimhaven (South-west of the Agility Arena)
||Lowers Attack, Defence, Herblore, Cooking and Prayer. Causes double vision and backward staggering.
||Karamja Spirits Bar
||Ape Bite Liqueur
||Lowers Attack and Defence and also causes slurred speech.
||Black Skull Ale
||Blurs vision. Causes hiccups.
One of the faster ways to do this requires between 208 and 468 coins and uses the lodestone network for most travel. If you can't teleport to Varrock, take a hatchet with you to make a canoe to go from Lumbridge to Varrock. The games necklace, the Ardougne cloak, fairy rings, and the explorer's ring 3 may be useful if you have not unlocked all the lodestones in the lodestone network.
- Home Teleport to Al Kharid then take the Gnome Glider to the Tree Gnome Stronghold, if you can; alternately, teleport using a Grand seed pod, or run to the Tree Gnome Stronghold, using the fallen tree shortcut (37 Agility). Go to the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the Grand Tree, and get the drink from Blurberry's Bar in the southeast corner; the bar is just west of Heckel Funch's grocery/liquor store.
- Home Teleport to Seers' Village, and then visit the Forester's Arms.
- Home Teleport to Ardougne, then proceed to the Flying Horse Inn, located south-west of the lodestone and directly north of Ardougne castle.
- Home Teleport to Yanille (you can also use a Ring of Duelling and teleport to Castle Wars, and walk east from there, or use an Ardougne cloak and walk) . Buy a drink from the bar at the south-west part of the city.
- Home Teleport to Karamja. This actually takes you to Brimhaven, so run north and then east until you reach the Dead Man's Chest and purchase a drink there.
- Go through the gate in northeast Brimhaven and run over to the Karamja Spirits Bar on the other side of the volcano at Musa Point.
- Home teleport to Port Sarim or take the ship from Musa Point, Karamja and visit the Rusty Anchor.
- Home Teleport to Varrock and visit the Blue Moon Inn.
- Proceed north-east in Varrock to the Jolly Boar Inn. It is just west of the Lumber Yard.
- Home Teleport to Falador, and go to the Rising Sun Inn.
- Return to the Barbarian Outpost, preferably by using a games necklace.
- Access to the Barbarian Outpost agility course.
Bar Crawl (miniquest) is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests:
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 5 August 2019 (Update):
- The Bar Crawl miniquest is now listed before Scorpion Catcher in the Timeline sort of quests, since it requires completion of the bar crawl.
- patch 2 May 2017 (Update):
- The bar crawl requirement on some Achievements should now be ticked off correctly.
- After completing all barcrawl locations, you will be unable to read the barcrawl card as you will be "too drunk".
- After drinking in Brimhaven, it says you think you see two bartenders signing two barcrawl cards.
- After completing the barcrawl, the guard says he never learned how to read anyway, making the signatures useless. Despite this, he states that you look like you're drunk enough to have completed it.