|Release date||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Alfred Grimhand bar crawl is a miniquest that is required to be completed in order to gain full access to the Barbarian Outpost, where it is considered a "rite of passage". To complete it, you must trek around various bars and pubs in RuneScape, drink a specialty drink, and have the bartender of each establishment sign off a barcrawl card supplied to the player by the barbarian guarding the outer entrance to the Agility course.
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to one of the barbarian guards at the outer entrance of the Barbarian Outpost Agility Course.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official length||Short to Medium|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||
Starting out[edit | edit source]
To begin, talk to one of the barbarian guards outside the fenced-in area of the Barbarian Outpost to get the barcrawl card. The barcrawl card lists all of the bars you have to visit for the bar crawl. Each one will be checked off when you've found it and drank the specific brew required. If you lose the card, you'll have to start the entire miniquest all over again.
You'll need to tell the barkeepers that you're doing the bar crawl and they will give you what you need. The brews are very strong, though, causing some damage as well as some steep temporary drops in stats. The entire trip will cost 208 coins, plus money for runes/tablets and boat trips to Karamja. Once you have every line of the card signed, return it to one of the guards at the Barbarian Outpost.
Visiting the bars[edit | edit source]
You can visit the bars in any order. The amount of damage dealt by the damaging drinks is dependent on your Constitution level. None of the beers are actual items; instead, they are consumed automatically.
|Blue Moon Inn||South-central Varrock||Uncle Humphrey's Gutrot||50||Lowers Attack, Defence, Strength, and Smithing and up to 260 life points. Makes your insides feel terrible.(makes you say Blearrgh!)|
|Jolly Boar Inn||Varrock (next to the Lumber Yard)||Olde Suspiciouse||10||Lowers Attack, Defence, Mining, Crafting, and Magic by 9. Makes your head spin.|
1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the Grand Tree
|Fire Toad Blast||10||
Lowers your health by 5 times your Constitution level. Burns your mouth and throat.
|Dragon Inn||Yanille||Fire Brandy||12||Lowers Attack and Defence by 10. Blurs vision and causes staggering.|
|Flying Horse Inn||Ardougne (west of the North Bank)||Heart Stopper||8||Lowers life points by about 20-30% of your total. Makes you clutch your chest and your eyes water.|
|Forester's Arms||Seers' Village||Liverbane Ale||18||Lowers Attack, Defence, Fletching, Firemaking, and Woodcutting by 9. Makes the room sway.|
|Rising Sun||Falador||Hand of Death Cocktail||70||Lowers Attack, Defence, Ranged, and Fishing by 7. Lowers up to 200 life points. Makes you stumble around the room (much to the bartender's amusement).|
|Dead Man's Chest||Brimhaven (South-west of the Agility Arena)||Supergrog||15||Lowers Attack, Defence, Herblore, Cooking and Prayer. Causes double vision and backward staggering.|
|Karamja Spirits Bar||Musa Point||Ape Bite Liqueur||7||Lowers Attack and Defence and also causes slurred speech.|
|Rusty Anchor||Port Sarim||Black Skull Ale||8||Blurs vision. Causes hiccups.|
Optimal route[edit | edit source]
One of the faster ways to do this requires between 208 and 468 coins and uses the lodestone network for most travel. If you can't teleport to Varrock, take a hatchet with you to make a canoe to go from Lumbridge to Varrock. The games necklace, the Ardougne cloak, fairy rings, and the explorer's ring 3 may be useful if you have not unlocked all the lodestones in the lodestone network.
- Home Teleport to Al Kharid then take the Gnome Glider to the Tree Gnome Stronghold, if you can; alternately, teleport using a Grand seed pod, or run to the Tree Gnome Stronghold, using the fallen tree shortcut (37 Agility). Go to the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the Grand Tree, and get the drink from Blurberry's Bar in the southeast corner; the bar is just west of Heckel Funch's grocery/liquor store.
- Home Teleport to Seers' Village, and then visit the Forester's Arms.
- Home Teleport to Ardougne, then proceed to the Flying Horse Inn, located south-west of the lodestone and directly north of Ardougne castle.
- Home Teleport to Yanille (you can also use a Ring of Duelling and teleport to Castle Wars, and walk east from there, or use an Ardougne cloak and walk) . Buy a drink from the bar at the south-west part of the city.
- Home Teleport to Karamja. This actually takes you to Brimhaven, so run north and then east until you reach the Dead Man's Chest.
- Go through the gate in northeast Brimhaven and run over to the Karamja Spirits Bar on the other side of the volcano at Musa Point.
- Home teleport to Port Sarim or take the ship from Musa Point, Karamja and visit the Rusty Anchor.
- Home Teleport to Varrock and visit the Blue Moon Inn.
- Proceed north-east in Varrock to the Jolly Boar Inn. It is just west of the Lumber Yard.
- Home Teleport to Falador, and go to the Rising Sun Inn.
- Return to the Barbarian Outpost, preferably by using a games necklace.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- Access to the Barbarian Outpost agility course.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Bar Crawl is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
- Blood Runs Deep
- Children of Mah
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Fate of the Gods
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Nomad's Elegy
- One of a Kind
- Recipe for Disaster
- Recipe for Disaster: Defeating the Culinaromancer
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- After completing all barcrawl locations, you will be unable to read the barcrawl card as you will be "too drunk".
- After drinking in Brimhaven, it says you think you see two bartenders signing two barcrawl cards.
- After completing the barcrawl, the guard says he never learned how to read anyway, making the signatures useless. Despite this, he states that you look like you're drunk enough to have completed it.