Bank Placeholders & Weapon Diversity 2 beta
|Release date||31 July 2019 (Update)|
|Subject of testing||Bank improvements and changes to weapon effects|
The Bank Placeholders & Weapon Diversity 2 beta is a beta version of RuneScape that was used to test two main subjects: changes to the bank to make using it much more convenient, and a follow up to the weapon diversity beta with changes to more weapons to make them more diverse.
The player's game save can be copied into the beta once every 60 minutes.
The beta world can be accessed by clicking here. Both members and non-members can access it, and non-members will have full membership benefits while on the beta world. Hardcore Ironmen cannot lose their last life on the beta servers, although an already-dead Hardcore Ironman would still be barred from logging in on the beta client.
Bank improvements[edit | edit source]
The bank has been improved with several new features and updates:
- Items can now be withdrawn in 'placeholder mode', which leaves a stack of 0 items behind (which continues to consume a bank space) - this replaces 'withdraw all but 1'
- The bank interface has a new skin with a flat tone (rather than the slight texture of other interfaces)
- The bank interface can now be resized horizontally in addition to vertically
- Withdrawing the last of an item from the bank leaves behind an empty slot 'item' rather than shuffling the bank around; these are deposited into first, and are all removed when the interface is closed
- Bank tabs
- Bank tabs can be toggled to be on the left side of the bank instead of the top by right-clicking the all tab
- Bank tabs can be customised to use a skill icon (including total level), or quest point icon, clue scrolls icon, or coins icon instead of the first item in the tab
- Bank tabs can be named (with the same names as presets), which is visible on hover and in the all-tabs view
- Maxmimum number of bank tabs is increased to 15
- Inventory area
- The rightmost area with the inventory has been extended into a full column, which contains most of the buttons
- Worn equipment and beast of burden will be visible at the same time as the inventory, if the interface is sufficiently tall
- The equipment stats panel is now a pop-over interface rather than sliding down the entire bank; it also only shows stats (no longer has a player model)
- The coin pouch now shows its exact contents in the bank interface
- New transfer tools are available at the bottom of the right column, which allows you to change the left-click action to be withdraw-1, 5, 10, all, or X (a customisable amount)
- Bottom area
- The bank search is now much faster and will not reset when depositing items
- The cleanup filter is replaced with a selectable filter including cleanup, members/nonmembers items, tradeable/untradeable items, worn equipment, and placeholders
- Filters are separated into sections if appropriate: the cleanup filter is separated by where you can reclaim the items, and worn equipment is separated by slot
- Members and nonmembers bank spaces have been combined into one count
- Members get an additional free 49 bank spaces to bring the total to a multiple of 10 - the maximum total number of spaces is now 1320 instead of 1271
- The presets management interface has been made more compact
- The presets can be edited without having to save or load them by selecting them then dragging the new items in to the preset
- Presets can be toggled to load inventory, worn equipment, and beast of burden without re-saving them or losing the untoggled items using the radio buttons (e.g. one can have a preset with inventory and equipment, toggle off the equipment and just load the inventory, then later toggle the equipment back on without having to resave it)
- Presets can now be set to load the exact matching objects, so that it will always withdraw the same item (for the case of having multiple different items that use the same item IDs - e.g. if you have many of the same augmented item with different item levels and perks, this option will always withdraw the same one)
- Withdrawing a preset automatically placeholders all items within the preset
Weapons diversity[edit | edit source]
Players can find training dummies in the Combat Academy in Lumbridge to test weapon effects on. Speaking to Lady Deathknell allows players to access an instanced version of the Combat Academy without other players, where she will also instantly revive you should you die. There are a number of shops nearby with free items.
Melee weapon effects[edit | edit source]
|Battleaxes||Deal 0.5% more damage for every 2% adrenaline above 80% (This effect would apply AFTER adrenaline costs have been taken).|
|Claws||While wielding claws in the main-hand slot, 5% of damage given in a critical hit will be applied as extra damage over time that lasts for 7.2 seconds. While dual-wielding claws, the damage is increased to 10%|
|Daggers||5% chance to hit twice with every attack. Applies to both main-hand and off-hand individually, so two daggers could be used and the effect could trigger on both at the same time.|
|Hastas||Ability to use 2h weapon abilities while equipped.|
|Longswords||When you miss with an attack gain a 5% accuracy buff for 10 seconds (If you miss whilst the buff is active, refresh the timer).|
|Maces||Your entire equipped prayer bonus is added to your strength bonus - while dual-wielding maces, this effect would stack to 200% of your prayer bonus, 150% for mainhand and 50% for offhand.|
|Mauls||Increased damage but lower accuracy. +5 tiers of damage but -5 tiers of accuracy. For example, a level 90 maul would then have the accuracy of a tier 85 weapon but would have the weapon damage of a tier 95.|
|Rapier||Chance for your abilities in combat to not incur a GCD on your next ability, 2% with a single rapier equipped or 5% dual-wield rapiers.|
|Scimitars||For every 5% missing health on your target, you have a 0.5% increased critical chance. This effect is doubled if you're dual-wielding scimitars (At 5% health on target, the player should have +9.5% chance to critically strike, with two scimitars that increased to 19%).|
|Shortswords (including khopeshes)||Reduce your maximum hit damage by 1% but increase your minimum hit damage by 3% (stacks to 2% reduced max and 6% increased min for dual-wielding shortswords; stacks with Equilibrium perk and equilibrium aura).|
|Spears||All bleed effects now last 40% longer. Applies to Slaughter, Blood Tendrils, and Dismember.|
|Warhammers||Basic abilities and auto attacks hit all enemies around your target.|
|Two-handed swords||5% of your critical hit will instantly heal you.|
For daggers, each hit of both autoattacks and abilities can trigger it; for abilities, the extra damage is always equal to a main-hand auto attack; when triggered the main-hand animation is always played, even if it is triggered by an offhand dagger autoattack and deals offhand damage.
For spears, Dismember and Slaughter deals 7 hits instead of 5 (40% damage increase). Normally, Blood Tendrils does one hit against the enemy then 4 hits that each deal half as much damage, but with a spear, it does 2 additional half-damage hits in front of the full damage hit (1/3 damage increase). Self-damage is not lengthened and would still only deal 4 hits. Switching out to a non-spear weapon after setting the bleed would still allow it to be lengthened. Turning a combo ability into a bleed ability via Mutated Barge will not interact with spears' effect.
For claws, the damage over time is deal in 4 hits in autoattack damage (transparent hitsplats). If multiple crits occur in a short time, the DoT hits at the same time would be compiled into one hit.
Two-handed sword's healing will persist throughout Onslaught. If attacking an opponent that is meant to take no damage, it may still heal according to the crit damage you would have dealt.
Ranged[edit | edit source]
|Shortbows||6% more damage, but you get -1% damage per tile between you and your target.|
|Shieldbows||Defence abilities cost 20% less adrenaline to cast. For example, defence threshold can be triggered at 40% but will still cost 15%, and ultimates can be triggered at 80% but will use all adrenaline available.|
|One-handed crossbows||4% chance whilst using a basic ability to trigger it again at the same time, with no adrenaline cost or cooldown, this chance is increased to 6% when dual wielding.|
|Two-handed crossbows||Standing still for 3 seconds grants a 5% accuracy buff. After moving, a 5 second timer will start after which the effect will end.|
|Darts||Deal 5% (or 10% if dual-wielding) more damage to poisoned targets.|
|Javelins||Hits all targets between the player and your target for 100% damage dealt to primary target. For example, if the player was throwing a Javelin at a target 5 squares away dealing 1,000 damage and there were two NPCs in a line between the player and the target, they would be hit for 1,000 damage in addition to the primary target.|
|Throwing knives||-5 tiers in weapon damage and accuracy, global cooldown is 1.2 seconds instead of 1.8 seconds. For example, a tier 70 throwing knife would have tier 65 damage and accuracy.|
|Throwing axes||Attacks now have a 5% chance to bind your target for 3 seconds. If your target is bind-immune, the attack deals 10% more damage instead.|
While the sacred clay bow has the speed of a shortbow and the range of a shieldbow, it has the effect of neither (although it does not count as a shield in the first place).
Magic[edit | edit source]
|Staff||Your ultimate abilities can no longer miss and when you cast an ultimate ability you gain 5% accuracy for 20 seconds.|
|Wand||Critical strikes reduce the cooldown of Magic abilities by 1 second.|
|Orb||5% chance to save the runes spent when your chosen spell effect occurs.|
|Book||10% (multiplicative) increased chance for your spell effects to occur.|
|Air spells||When you have an air spell selected, every hit will increase your armour by 1%. This stacks up to 10% and lasts 10 seconds.|
|Fire spells||5% chance to trigger a free Combust ability. Can occur at the same time as a normal Combust ability. Anything that affects Combust, like the Invention perk Lunging, will also affect this. If the effect triggers again before the previous one expires, it refreshes the duration back to full.|
|Water spells||When delivering a finishing blow, a water globule will spawn where the target died. Walking onto the tile where the water globule spawns heals you for 2% of your max health.|
|Earth spells||When your target is stunned or bound, you will deal 10% more damage to them.|
The spell effect used is the one of the spell set to the main-hand, though the player may use a different auto attack spell to have its effect apply too. For example, the player may have the fire spells set to abilities, but 4taa with the air one, this means that you get the combust chance on every ability, but every auto attack gives you 1% armour (air effect).
With air spells, each hit gives a stack of the armour buff, so abilities like Asphyxiate and Chain can give multiple stacks if multiple hits are performed. The stacks are gained upon ability initiation, not when the projectile hits. Combust does not give that buff at all. If an attack misses or is meant to deal no damage (Storm Shards, or Shatter without Storm Shards stacks), the buff is not gained. Slayer Dart, Divine Storm, Storm of Armadyl, and Polypore Strike do count as air spells. Curse spells do not count despite being labelled as air spells.
With water spells, upon killing an enemy either with abilities or autoattacks with a water spell set to autocast, a pool of "Healing water" spawns, slightly later than drops. It has a "Walk-to" option that allows players to walk next to it. When adjacent or on top of it, the player is healed and the pool is consumed. It lasts for several seconds before disappearing (or when it is consumed). There is a cooldown on how often it can spawn, slightly longer than the duration, regardless of whether it is consumed. If multiple enemies are killed at once, only one pool would spawn. Healing water is consumed even if you are at full health. The killing blow must be an autoattack or ability with water spells, e.g. if the opponent was finished off by damage from Deflect Curses healing water will not spawn.
With fire spells, multi-hitting abilities have the chance to trigger the effect on secondary targets independently.
Staff of Sliske's special attack, Shadow Clone, does not seem to apply any of the spell effects.
Existing effects[edit | edit source]
These effects are already present in the live game and will not be changed with the Weapon Diversity Beta.
Melee[edit | edit source]
|Defenders||Allows the use of both dual-wielding and shield abilities, and provides a 3% accuracy boost. It also has a 1/15 chance to deflect a hit, reducing it by 50%-100% damage and providing +20% accuracy for the next attack.|
|Halberds||+1 Range on all attacks including AoEs.|
Ranged[edit | edit source]
|Chinchompas||All abilities are AoE.|
|Reprisers||Allows the use of both dual-wielding and shield abilities, and provides a 3% accuracy boost. It also has a 1/15 chance to deflect a hit, reducing it by 50%-100% damage and providing +20% accuracy for the next attack.|
|Chargebows||Does not require arrows.|
Mage[edit | edit source]
|Rebounders||Allows the use of both dual-wielding and shield abilities, and provides a 3% accuracy boost. It also has a 1/15 chance to deflect a hit, reducing it by 50%-100% damage and providing +20% accuracy for the next attack.|
|Smoke spells||Reduces the target's chance to hit by 5% for 10 seconds.|
|Shadow spells||Reduces the target's damage dealt by 5% for 10 seconds.|
|Blood spells||Heals you for 5% of the damage dealt.|
|Ice spells||Prevents creatures from moving for 10 seconds, or players for 2.4 to 9.6 seconds depending on the spell used.|
|Opal Aurora||On hit will find all prisms within a 3 square radius of the player and increase their duration by a small amount.|
|Sapphire Aurora||On hit has a chance to find all prisms within a 3 square radius of the player and give a small buff to their ability when they next activate.|
|Emerald Aurora||On hit will give the caster a small Damage Reduction buff. By 1% per stack, up to 5 stacks.|
|Ruby Aurora||On hit has a chance to increase damage output, by 1% per stack up to 3 stacks, to all other players within a 2 tile radius from the caster.|
Weapon diversity beta
|Tier 92 Items|
|Tier 60 items|