Bank Bidders was a planned update that would allow players to bid on and win the contents of banned accounts' banks. It was being worked on by Mod Osborne in his personal project time and was originally announced as a possible update for November 2016. It was then planned for release in February 2017, but had been postponed. It would have been a two week event.
Features[edit | edit source]
Bank bidders would have involved both raffle and blind-bidding gameplay. In the raffle the player would receive one ticket from entering the Bank Bidders area each day and one ticket from completing a daily challenge each day. They could then choose which banned account's raffle to enter their tickets for; with the winning tickets being drawn during two livestreams.
In blind-bidding players would be shown a selection of five accounts in the Bank Bidders area. The accounts would have had their names removed and would be able to place a max bet on which account they believe has the most valuable bank. An account's wealth would be determined as their 25 most valuable item stacks, including any tradeable items and discontinued rare items. The player who placed the highest bid would win the banned account's items. Players would have had to pay an entrance fee to join in blind-bidding, which was planned to be 1,000,000 coins.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ RuneScape's Rest of the Year - (from RuneFest 2016). 20 September 2016. (Archived from the original on 3 June 2021.)
- ^ Mod Shauny. Bank Bidders - FAQ & Update. Reddit. 1 November 2016. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2020.) Mod Shauny: "Bank Bidders will now be delayed until Feburary 2017."
- ^ February Month Ahead Q&A. 31 January 2017.Lost reference*
- ^ Mod Shauny. Bank Bidders - FAQ & Update. Reddit. 1 November 2016. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2020.) Mod Shauny: "Bank Bidders will be a two-week event, with two livestreams to reveal weekly winners."
- ^ Mod Osborne. Bank Bidders Reminder?. Reddit. 7 July 2017. (Archived from the original on 7 July 2017.) Mod Osborne: "Bank Bidders is officially cancelled."
- ^ Mod Shauny. Bank Bidders - FAQ & Update. Reddit. 1 November 2016. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2020.) Mod Shauny: "There are two different ways that you can play Bank Bidders. One is a raffle, with a different account put up for raffle every day. As with previous September Raffles, you will get one ticket per day by visiting the Bank Bidders area, and another ticket by completing one daily challenge. You can then choose which raffle to enter your tickets for. We will draw the winning tickets on a livestream."
- ^ RuneFest Recap!. 20 September 2016.Lost reference*
- ^ Mod Shauny. Bank Bidders - FAQ & Update. Reddit. 1 November 2016. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2020.) Mod Shauny: "The second way of playing is by blind-bidding. We will present five accounts to you when you enter the Bank Bidders area. You are then able to enter a max bid for any of those accounts, with the aim of being the highest bidder. You will not be able to see the amounts that others have bid. At the end of the week, if you have the highest max bid on an account, you win its contents."