Banite rocks are a type of rock that can be mined through the Mining skill in various places throughout RuneScape, requiring a Mining level of 80 or higher. They give players Banite ore when mined.
Players who have completed Ritual of the Mahjarrat can access the mine quickly by using the fairy ring code DKQ. The player is teleported to a room with unaggressive Glacors, and is required to run past them into a small room with Movario hunting for the Stone of Jas. Near Movario is an energy barrier which encloses the banite rocks.
If players are using this area to mine banite ore, they can use the fairy ring code AIQ to travel to Mudskipper Point, which has a nearby anvil/forge to deposit mined ore. This method is generally preferred as it allows player's easy metal bank access without risking wealth in the wilderness.
If players want to have easy access to a metal bank and have not completed Ritual of the Mahjarrat, they can consider mining at Wilderness (Level 54) Pirates' Hideout mine where the metal bank is very nearby. Players should NOT AFK here because pkers could potentially kill the player. Never enter the Wilderness with items that you are not willing to lose.
An alternative is the Jatizso dungeon elite mine, which requires the player to complete the elite Fremennik achievements. Hallvar, who can exchange ores for notes, can be found in the mine. This allows players to mine large quantities of bane in one trip.
If players haven't finished any of the requirements and/or want a more safe approach to mining this ore, they may choose to mine at the Arctic (azure) habitat mine north of the Rellekka lodestone. The use of Magic notepaper in addition to your usual mining gear allows for excellent long mining trips at this location.
Using the spell, Tune Banite Ore, the rock can also be mined for Abyssalbane ore, Basiliskbane ore, Dragonbane ore, and Wallasalkibane ore directly, assuming the player has the necessary items in their inventory or player-owned house.
| Banite rock|
|Mining level|| 80||Critical hit chance|
|Stone spirit|| Banite||Rockertunity multiplier|
|Rock stats|| 89||-|
|Durability||1700||Double ore chance|
|Multiplier||0.82|| 82|| 86|
|Base ore||1||Geode chance|
|Varrock armour double chance||10%||15%|
|1%|| 81||-|This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 21 September 2020 (Update):
- Tune Banite Ore can now be cast on banite rocks to mine monster-specific ore directly from the rock.
- To do so, you will need the appropriate item in your backpack or on the wall of your Player Owned House.
- Runes are consumed and Magic XP is given once an ore is gained.
- This spell remains active for 2 minutes and will apply to all banite rocks.
- Various boosts and buffs also apply to these ores, including banite stone Spirits, Signs of the Porter and Juju Potions.
- The original functionality of this spell remains.
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- Banite rocks double ore mining no longer mentioned twice on Mining Skill guide.