Bandos Agility Course
The Bandos agility course is an Agility course which can be used after completing The Chosen Commander. It is a fairly short agility course and can be found in the Bandos' throne room. Completing it requires level 60 Agility, Ranged, and Strength, as well as a mithril grapple and a crossbow, but using the enhanced grappling hook from the tool belt will work as well.
Players can return to the throne room after The Chosen Commander by:
- Teleporting with a Bandos throne room sphere made by Oldak from two law runes and one piece of molten glass.
- Using fairy ring code BLQ to go to Yu'biusk and opening the strange box to teleport into the throne room.
The course[edit | edit source]
A set of statues, a ledge, and the throne itself make up the agility course in the room, as shown on the diagram. The route is the same that Zanik took in the quest.
To run the course, the player first climbs onto the goblin statue (1 on the diagram) in the middle of the room, south-west of Ourg Holding Bowl, and then jumps north to the ork statue (2). Go south-east to the ogre (3), east to the ork (4), east to the ogre (5), and then north onto the big ourg statue (6) that is holding the bowl in front of the throne. From there, the player jumps north across some more statues (ogre (7), ork (8), and ogre (9)) and onto the north ledge (10). From there, the player grapples across an ourg statue's spear (11) so that the player can swing onto Bandos' throne (12). Players can jump then down from the throne and repeat the course.
|Statue jump (9 times)||2 per jump|
|Grapple||362 125 |
Failure of statues can occur at all Agility levels, however Jump-to Ledge and Grapple Spear does not fail. Damage will be as high as 30 to 80 points (there is no specific percentage), so any kind of healing method is recommended. A high level does not reduce the failure rate, judging by reports on the official forums. High-levelled players report they can fail all statues but the Ourg carrying the water bowl seems to be the obstacle failed most often.
A lap around this course takes averagely 35 seconds if no failures occur, making it quick to get a good number of laps in per hour. It is possible to get around 40,000–45,000 Agility experience per hour if working at a good pace, as well as up to 15,000 Ranged and 15,000 Strength experience per hour.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 6 November 2013 (Update):
- The player's grapple is now visible when grappling from the ledge to the throne in the Bandos Throne room Agility course.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On release, the bonus experience for completing the course was 584 but was quickly lowered to 364 with a forums notification from Jagex. The Ranged and Strength experience was reduced from 250 experience to 125 experience as well. The training speed was effectively cut by over 60%, making it slower than the Wilderness agility course and drawing many complaints on the forums.
- When standing at the north ledge of the agility course, the throne room seen as Zanik during The Chosen Commander can be seen to the north (there is even a "Grapple spear" option, though there is no response). The caved-in cave from the same quest can be seen to the east, and the non-caved-in cave can be seen to the south.
- There is a rare graphical glitch where the first circuit of a visit to the course will show the grapple rope, but all circuits thereafter will not.
Agility courses and activities