Bandit Camp (Kharidian Desert)
|Release||27 September 2004 (Update)|
|Music||Bandit Camp (music track)|
|Teleports||Bandit camp teleport, Lodestone Network after Desert Treasure, Enlightened amulet|
|doc • Talk page|
The Bandit Camp is a town located in the Kharidian Desert.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- Use a Bandit camp teleport scroll
- Use the Enlightened amulet teleport to arrive north of the camp
- Use the Bandit camp lodestone and run north-west (this requires completion of Desert Treasure)
- Take a Magic carpet ride to Bedabin camp and run south
- Players with access to the Fairy ring network can use the code BIQ to the Kalphite Hive and run south-west
- Use the Camulet or Cramulet teleport to arrive outside Enakhra's Temple and run north
History[edit | edit source]
During the First and Second age, a big part of Gielinor was ruled by the god Zaros. The second age ended when many of the Mahjarrat, with some other creatures, led by Zamorak, rebelled against their god. After a long fight, Zamorak impaled Zaros with the Staff of Armadyl and stole his godly powers. Zamorak was banned from Gielinor, but later returned as a god. This ignited the cataclysmic God wars. During these wars, the few Zarosians who had stayed true to their god were often harassed by others. Many of Zaros' towns were overrun, like the mighty city of Senntisten, and many of the former god's followers were killed. However, some managed to stay alive and fled to the Kharidian desert. There, their descendants now live as outlaws in the bandit camp, still very loyal to their fallen god.
Notable features[edit | edit source]
The Bandit Camp is home to a bar, The Big Heist Lodge. This is the only known source of Bandit's brew, an ale that will temporarily boost a player's Thieving level by 1. However, it costs 650 coins, and hence it might be more expeditious to use sq'irkjuice instead.
There are two main areas used in town which feature in the Desert Treasure quest: mirrors, used to discern the whereabouts of the Diamonds of Azzanadra, and a chest in a large tent in the south area of town, containing Rasolo's gilded cross.
Training[edit | edit source]
The bandits in the camp will attack anyone wearing an item of either Saradomin or Zamorak. This makes the camp a highly popular training spot as it will keep the residents attacking players with no tolerance. You can also just attack one of the bandits, and the rest of the bandits nearby will attack you. This will wear out once you kill all nearby bandits.
For healing several methods are commonly used, such as Guthan's set, Saradomin godsword, Bunyip or food. You can un-note your food in the local general store, by bringing money and noted food (commonly tuna).
Zamorak arrows or Saradomin arrows are commonly used and are the best option to make the bandits non-tolerant towards the player, as they don't take up any other combat slot, allowing you to use Guthan's, should you wish. Other commonly used items are a God cape or God armour, mainly platelegs. Around 60,000 or more experience an hour can be gained for combat levels 100 or more. It is a great way to level in any combat skill.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Bandit, level 54
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 4 May 2021 (Update):
- Teleporting to the Bandit Camp Lodestone no longer shows a config name for your previous destination.
- patch 9 March 2015 (Update):
- A one-way window in The Big Heist Lodge in the Desert Bandit Camp has been fixed.
- patch 17 June 2013 (Update):
- Bandits in the Bandit camp no longer have uneven skin tone on face and hands.
- patch 9 June 2009 (Update):
- Changed the corner of a carpet in the Bandits' Camp that looked a bit odd.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to the map of DeviousMUD (the forerunner to RuneScape), the Bandit Camp was originally to be called "Nomad Camp".
- Remains of Tuska's back is found in this area along with Wizard Chambers near to the barrier to the D&D.
|Towns and cities|
|Points of interest|