Bandits are attackable criminals that can be found at the Kharidian Desert Bandit Camp. They are fairly well organised and structured and are amongst the only NPCs in the game to show loyalty to Zaros. Indeed, they are so loyal they are aggressive to any player wearing equipment or accessories belonging to either Saradomin or Zamorak, major rivals of Zaros. When players are near them wearing a Saradomin item, they will shout "Time to die, Saradominist filth!" Likewise, they will declare "Prepare to suffer, Zamorakian scum!" when they spot a player with Zamorak items. When players attack their fellows, they simply exclaim "You chose the wrong place to start trouble!" and attack you in a similar manner to the Al Kharid warriors.
Because of this, players may use them to gain combat experience with little effort, but they are not very good for moneymaking due to the low value of their drops. Guthan the Infested's equipment, Blood amulet of fury, Saradomin godsword, Enhanced Excalibur, Soul Split, and/or bone necklaces (with bonecrusher) can help sustaining health and prayer indefinitely.
They can also be pickpocketed at level 53 Thieving, which is slightly lower than their Pollnivnian counterparts.
|Thieving level||53 ||Thieving XP||79.4 XP||Stun time / damage||4.8s / 30 lp|
|Double loot||63 |
|Triple loot||73 |
|Quadruple loot||83 |
- ^ Less rare than the other rare herb drops.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 8 February 2010 (Update):
- Adjusted the code for pickpocketing bandits.
- Although these are affiliated with Saradomin, bandits do not attack people with White equipment, Initiate armour, or Proselyte armour.
- Once the player completes Desert Treasure, a bandit when talked to will say "So you're the one who freed Azzanadra from his prison? Thank you kind sir/lady!" Ironically, they will still say this if you manage to talk to one in combat while wearing a Saradomin/Zamorakian item.