Baby blue dragons are small blue dragons that are found in Taverley Dungeon. They attack with magic, which is fairly accurate. Unlike their adult forms, they do not breathe fire. Players will also need the dusty key to open the gate leading to the blue dragons or have 70 Agility to use the pipe shortcut.
Due to the relatively high Prayer experience gained from their bones in comparison to their toughness to defeat, they are often killed for their bones. Each burial of baby dragon bones grants 30 Prayer experience; for reference, dragon bones grant 72, and big bones grant 15. Blue and baby blue dragons respawn at the rate of around 20 seconds.
Baby blue dragons may be killed by players who have received blue dragons as a Slayer assignment but do not wish to kill adult blue dragons, giving 18.8 Slayer experience each.
Players who wish to just kill baby blue dragons without being attacked by higher-levelled blue dragons can find them in Taverley Dungeon near three fishing spots for lava eels. These are south of the Agility shortcut and the small obelisk found near to the mother blue dragons.
It's recommended to bring food like bass and up depending on level, and good ranged armour like dragonhide will keep the player from losing much health from their magic attacks. Baby blue dragons attack with the same speed as fastest-class weapons (every 2.4 seconds). If you are killing it for Slayer or for training, a bonecrusher and one of the bone necklaces bought from the Daemonheim rewards trader can be used to give 30 Prayer experience and 100 Prayer points per kill.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 26 October 2020 (Update):
- Monsters with multiple variants will now consistently spawn as those variants when newly placed in the Personal Slayer Dungeon.
- This includes blue dragons
- When fighting the more southern baby blue dragons in the Taverley Dungeon, players will experience a glitch which seems to cause the dragon to be cut off graphically.
- During Bot-Nuking week, baby blue dragons were one of the monsters to have an temporarily increased respawn rate.