|Release||11 July 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|This might help me chop harder.|
|Exchange||996 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Axeman's folly is an ale that players can make. When drunk, it provides a temporary +1 boost to the player's Woodcutting level, although, as with most ales, it also slightly lowers some melee combat skills. Note that one cannot drink an axeman's folly at level 79 Woodcutting to enter the Sawmill training area.
Oak roots are the special ingredient used to make it, obtained by growing an oak tree using the Farming skill, then cutting it down, and digging up the stump with a spade in the inventory or tool belt.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|413 XP||-||5 (3s) [r 1]||7,968|
|Must be performed at a brewery|
|9 experience is awarded upon brewing in the fermenting vat.|
|413 experience is awarded upon draining the fermenting vat.|
|Bucket of water||2||533||1,066|
- ^ This time is for adding items to a vat. The vat takes 2-5 days to brew.
Common uses[edit | edit source]
Players who are one level away from the requirement for an evil tree often use this brew. Players using this tactic should buy the keg because it provides four doses in one inventory slot. This can even be profitable at higher levels, given the potential rewards from magic and elder evil trees.
It is not especially useful for speeding up training Woodcutting but can be used to attempt to gather a few logs from a tree that the player is just shy of the level requirement for.
It can also be a useful boost in higher levels to discover an ancient effigy.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Increases Woodcutting by 1 level for up to 60 seconds but cannot be used at level 79 Woodcutting to enter the sawmill training area.
- Heals 490 life points.
- Lowers Strength and Attack levels by 3.
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Food and herbs|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||46.1%|
See also[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 6 September 2021 (Update):
- The hover/longpress tooltip for various drinks now includes a description of their specific stat buffs and debuffs.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ironically, the examine info reads The brew lowers Strength levels by 3, which would theoretically weaken players and their chopping abilities.