Avalani is a mage responsible for creating a safe passage to the Clan Citadels. She can be found in the Clan Camp, as well as in all Citadels. She is notable for causing the chicken appearances all over Gielinor, due to them being used as test subjects for her unfinished portal. She also played a central role and was the starting point of the Cryptic Clue Fest III. In the Citadel, she gives information about clans, handing out the Citadel handbooks. Speaking to her in the Citadel unlocks the achievement "A Wizard Did It".
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 19 December 2012 (Update):
- Fixed a minor typo in Avalani's dialogue.
- Avalani appeared before Clan Citadels were released to pull the chickens out of her left sleeve, and the chickens appear to increase in size shortly after.
- The quote "Fly, my pretty, fly!" is a reference to The Wizard of Oz, when the Wicked Witch of the West shouts "Fly my pretties, fly!"
- The design on the back of Avalani's robe top is the same design on the sides of the portal.
- According to a dialogue between your character and Sir Vyvin, Avalani is a relative of Tim the Wizard, most likely a reference to Tim the Enchanter from the film Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- Avalani is currently one of the two NPCs who has the ability to post on the forums, and the third NPC to even show awareness of (Roddeck and Ican Haz would be the first and second, though Roddeck has yet to use them himself and Ican Haz claims he has spammed the forums but was not spotted anywhere). Wizard Chambers joined this group in 2015.
- Avalani was one of the first NPCs to have hands as opposed to spheres.
Avalani throwing chickens into the clan portal