|Release||12 December 2006 (Update)|
|Quest item||Animal Magnetism|
|Destroy||I can obtain a replacement for this from Ava in Draynor Manor. She will need 999 coins to buy the lower-level version.|
|Backpack||Wear, Toggle, Destroy|
|High alch||600 coins|
|Low alch||400 coins|
|A superior bagged chicken ready to serve you, magnet in claw.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Ava's accumulator is a reward from the Animal Magnetism quest if the player's Ranged level is 50 or above. It attracts most of a player's used ammunition back into the arrow or main hand slot and randomly generates steel arrows directly into the arrow or inventory slot. This item also can attract random metal materials. The generation rate is about one steel arrow, steel knife, or steel dart every 180 seconds. Its upgraded form is the Ava's alerter.
If a player's Ranged level is less than 50, Ava's attractor is obtained upon completion of the quest. Then the Ava's accumulator can be bought from Ava, in Draynor Manor, for 75 steel arrows and 999gp. The old Ava's Attractor is not needed to be able to do this. You can also choose to upgrade the last device, which will still cost 75 steel arrows, but will take the old device instead of 999 coins.
Players may purchase multiple attractors/accumulators from Ava. Both types stack in the bank, not the inventory.
Ava explains that an undead chicken inside the backpack holds a magnet and twigs of an undead tree from Draynor Manor. Fired ammunition is attracted back with the magnet and put back into your quiver, while additional arrowheads being attracted are attached with wood from the twigs and feathers from the chicken itself.
As of the completionist cape update, the benefits of Ava's accumulator became a passive effect, meaning it no longer has to be equipped for it to function.
The device will collect most of the player's own arrows, bolts, etc. as they fire them, saving them from having to pick them up, but it cannot do this if there's something in the way (like a table). Ava's accumulator often appears not to function correctly when fighting large monsters even if nothing is in between a player and the monster. The south-western square of the monster is used as the origin in determining whether or not ammunition will be attracted back (similar to the way in which loot is dropped). When the direct line from a player to this square is free of obstacles, the accumulator will function.
Players may take the accumulator to Lanthus to make it pick up arrows in Castle Wars. This also works in Soul Wars; players may talk to Nomad or Zimberfizz about ammunition to do so. Players have the option of preventing their device from picking up random steel items while still allowing it retrieve their arrows. This feature may be toggled on or off by right-clicking the accumulator.
If the player's inventory is full, the attracted item will be dropped at their feet.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Attracted items[edit | edit source]
The accumulator works with:
- Blisterwood stakes
- Bow arrows
- Crossbow bolts (Includes royal bolts, kebbit bolts, and broad-tipped bolts, with exception of Silver bolts and bone bolts.)
- Throwing axes
- Throwing knives
Other items that the accumulator can occasionally attract and deposit in the inventory include:
- Iron ore
- Steel arrows (most common)
- Steel arrowtips
- Steel bars
- Steel bolts
- Steel darts
- Steel hatchet
- Steel knives
- Steel helms
- Steel nails
- Steel platebody
- Toy mouse (rare)
- Broken arrows
Replacing Ava's accumulator[edit | edit source]
Players may return to Ava in Draynor Manor and tell her, "I seem to need a new device." She replies that the player is lucky that the attractors/accumulators return to Ava when lost, but it will cost them 999 coins to cover her expenses in refurbishing it.
Once the fee is paid, players receive Ava's attractor. To upgrade the attractor into an accumulator, players have to tell her: "I'd like to upgrade my device, please." For this, Ava asks for 75 steel arrows. If you didn't bring 75 steel arrows with you, you can simply purchase them from Ava. The Draynor Village bank is also nearby. Assuming the arrows are purchased from Ava, the cost per accumulator is 4457 coins.
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Ranged armour|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Graphical updates[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 24 June 2019 (Update):
- The arrow retrieval effect granted by Ava's accumulator is now a permanent unlock, instead of being an effect from wearing the device.
- ninja 10 March 2014 (Update):
- Ava's devices will now be found within players' gravestones after death.
- patch 13 October 2009 (Update):
- Updated Ava's Attractor and Accumulator to collect additional arrows/bolts.
- update 4 January 2007 (Update):
- Ava's accumulator will now automatically retrieve fired missiles.
- Ava's accumulator now generates arrows more slowly.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ava's accumulator will not collect arrows or other items while in a bank menu, on ground or Grand Exchange menu.
- The device's ammo attract feature does not work within Zanaris or the Ogre Enclave.
- Previously, the device only worked when equipped, and the player had to not be wearing any metal torso armour since it interfered with the magnet. Note that granite equipment and Fremennik armour are not considered metal armour so the attractor and those armours could be worn simultaneously. Additionally, the Bandos chestplate, sacred clay armour, Varrock armour, white armour, Karil's set, studded leather armour, Armadyl chestplate, fighter torso, and the proselyte hauberk did not affect Ava's accumulator or attractor. Although Ahrim's robetop is a piece of magic armour, it interfered with the accumulator as it is made of metal. Elemental armour and all variants also interfered.
|Non-combat, quest- and minigame-related capes|