Auto-retaliate is a Combat option that allows the player to choose whether their character fights back when attacked. Players can turn it on or off by going to the action bar and clicking the icon that says "Auto-retaliate (On)/(Off)". On the mobile version, Auto-retaliate can be activated/deactivated by tapping on the adrenaline bar, or tap and hold to see the option.
It is recommended to turn Auto-retaliate OFF when players are in an area with traps.
You can find the auto-retaliate button near the adrenaline bar.
- When Auto-retaliate is ON, the player's character walks/runs towards the monster (or player) attacking and fights back.
- When Auto-retaliate is OFF, the player's character just stands where he/she is and takes the hits from the monster, or another player.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 2 October 2017 (Update):
- Auto-retaliate now functions correctly when avoiding damage from dragon fire from the King Black Dragon.
- ninja 24 August 2015 (Update):
- Players will now obey the auto-retaliate setting against dragonfire, even if the damage is negated.
- patch 28 July 2014 (Update):
- Auto-Retaliate now does not make the player retaliate in revolution when it is toggled off with a weapon in hand.
- patch 22 April 2014 (Update):
- Some variations to auto-attack animations have been added for short swords, staves and bows.