|Release||28 February 2012 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy your Treasure Hunter prize? You can reclaim it from Diango in Draynor.|
|A fine blade from the Eastern Lands. Requires Attack (75).|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
An auspicious katana is a weapon originally obtained as a very rare Treasure Hunter prize. It requires Attack level 75 to wield. Its stats are identical to those of a godsword, but the auspicious katana has no passive effect or prayer bonus and weighs less (3.6 kg versus a godswords' 10 kg). It has since been acquirable from the use of rare item tokens, Vic's Store, the Blast from the Past Treasure Hunter promotion, and the Parcels from the Hedge event.
This katana, the ornate katana, the golden katana, the Eastern outfit, the quick-fire crossbow, and the Wushanko outfit were the only known items to have come from the Eastern Lands until the release of player-owned ports.
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- Lucky items and the Auspicious katana can be protected by item protect prayers in the Wilderness and placed in gravestones, but will otherwise be destroyed on death.
- patch 22 September 2014 (Update):
- Some errors in calculating damage values have been fixed with two-handed weapons.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There was an increased chance to win the Auspicious Katana on 1 March 2014 as part of the "Blast from the Past" Treasure Hunter promotion.
- Wielding the katana currently results in an animation glitch. While the weapon is equipped, the player's walking animation uses Legacy Mode animations, even when in EoC mode. As of November 2018, this graphical issue has yet to be corrected.
- Killing a player who has this in the Wilderness doesn't leave anything on the ground.
- Before an update, you would lose the katana on death in the Wilderness or any other dangerous activity regardless of having Protect Item on.
Two-handed slash weapons
|Dyed noxious scythe|
|Dyed Zaros godsword|
Blast from the Past